• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Movie or book first

Book or movie/series first?

• Book

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Movie/Series

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
i used to be an avid reader so i was on the book first camp but nowadays i'm not too much of a reader anymore (blame it on the bad attention span and just lack of time/interest). one of these days i'll get back into reading so until then i generally watch the movie and then read up about how the book is better from reviews and comments after lol

Most of the times I'll just watch the film. When I delay watching a movie to read the book first then chances are I'll never get around to it.

Last year I finally caved and watched Lord of the Rings after accepting I'll probably never get through the book.

usually watch the movie/series first and then read the book after if i feel like it. the books have got to majorly slap if i am to read them and i pretty much need some strong energy to read them

For the most part, I'd go book first. I'm not big on movies, but I do enjoy series. It does depend on what I'm exposed to first, like if I know something is based on a book, but if it's a series I'm really interested in I'll generally read it first because it takes less time than watching a series.

Back