my animal crossing oc - penny *redo* *now with index*

bestfriendsally

Senior Member (my name's charlotte)
Bells
Switch
4312-8499-3994
Red Envelope
this is a re-do of this thread - https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/my-animal-crossing-oc-penny.560116/
to have it a bit more organized & up-to date, so to speak...

index
more on the way? :>

animal_crossing_character_sheet_by_winstonthebutterfly_d4oiids   .png

info on her:

she has a pet hamster named ' mikan '

she's the type of girl who likes flowers & watering them... she has a dream of having a flower shop

she also likes fashion, sorta....

she really doesn't like bees & spiders or any bugs really... she likes butterflies & fireflies, though... she thinks ladybugs are kinda cute, too, though... she hates mosquitos, scorpians & wasps

she doesn't like snails

she doesn't like some bugs: Ants, Bee's, Bell cricket's, Brown cicadas, Centipedes, Cicada shells, Cockroach's, Cyclommatus stag's, Diving beetle's, Evening cicada's, Flea's, Fly's, Giant cicada's, Giant stag's, Golden stag's, Goliath beetle's, Grasshopper's, Horned atlas's, Horned dynastid's, Horned elephant's, Horned hercules's, Honeybee's, Jewel beetle's, Long locust's, Mantis's, Migratory locust's, Miyama stag's, Mole cricket's, Mosquito's, Moth's (normal moths), Orchid mantis's, Pill bug's, Pondskater's, Rainbow stag's, Robust cicada's, Saw stag's, Scarab beetle's, Scorpion's, Spider's, Stinkbug's, Tarantula's, Tiger beetle's, Violin beetle's, Walker cicada's, Walking stick's, Wasp's & Wharf roach's

Blue weevil beetles, Citrus long-horned beetle's, Drone beetle's, Earth-boring dung beetle's, Giant water bug's, Giraffe stag's, Man-faced stink bug's & Rosalia batesi beetle's

she won't mind the Madagascan sunset moth ... but no other moth...

she likes butterflies, ladybugs & cute fish :3

the fish she likes & thinks are cute :3 - Bitterling , Pale chub , Crucian carp , Dace , Goldfish , Pop-eyed goldfish , Killifish , Soft-shelled turtle , Tadpole , Frog , Loach , Pond smelt , Guppy , Nibble fish , Angelfish , Betta , Neon tetra , Rainbowfish , Sea butterfly , Sea horse , Clown fish , Anchovy

the bugs she likes & thinks are cute :3 - Common butterfly , Yellow butterfly , Tiger butterfly , Peacock butterfly , Common bluebottle , Monarch butterfly , Emperor butterfly , Agrias butterfly , Rajah Brooke's birdwing , Queen Alexandra's birdwing , Firefly

bugs she'd have never seen before, but i think she'd find them cute & like them: Paper kite butterfly , Great purple emperor , Madagascan sunset moth , Ladybug

she'll later get a liking to *crush on* raymond.... * changed to punchy*

fruits she likes: apples, oranges, pears, peaches, bananas & grapes

fruits she doesn't like: cherries, mangos, lemons, lychees, durian & Persimmon... she doesn't like strawberries....

she likes cute things & anime

a bit of new backstory: when she was little, she liked sanrio characters... expecially my melody...
she still does, actually :3 she really likes cinnamonroll a bit more, though ^^

she can sing quite well...

she can swim but not very well... she can only doggy paddle.. kinda..., but she doesn't like to dive... unless she has her pink snorkal on

she doesn't like catching butterflies or bugs... she's not that type of person... unless she's putting the butterflies in the bug room :3

she likes to collect certain types of shells... *she obviously cleans them, of course....*

she's half japanese, half english... she was born in tokyo/okinawa, but moved to brighten/ Crescent town *new leaf* in the uk when she was about; umm... 5... & then got a ticket to wincrest island later, when she is 14 years old

she likes to build things, though... so she'll be doing that :3

she doesn't go fishing all that much... she's not a fan of it... that & fossil digging...

penny likes looking at stars......

later, penny recieved the getaway package... maybe... (she'll see maple & bluebear again on her island... i'll make sure of that)

she likes aquariums, so i bet she'll like the aquarium part of the musuem

a bit of backstory: when she was little... she went to a aquarium with her parents & saw a lot of pretty fish..she really liked that part of it... but then she saw a fish that she thought was scary....

that's probably why she's afraid to dive in the water....

she wants to research fish & cute bugs for the musuem & outside of the musuem... but she still won't be the type of girl to go fossil hunting & uncute bug hunting...

she wants to research flowers too... which could be part of the reason why she wants a flower shop... :3

her favourite songs are: bubblegum kk, kk bossa, stale cupcakes, i love you, k.k. stroll, WANDERING, Spring Blossoms, k.k. love song, k.k. birthday, k.k. lullaby & marine song 2001 :3

penny seems to like table tennis a little bit...

she doesn't have any interest in paintings... so that part of the museum 'might 'stay empty.... :rolleyes:

the mum & dad *in this perticular game-story* are actually penny's mum & dad... their names are KIKU & Toby

she gets a little miffed when someone doesn't like some bugs that she likes...

she became friends with katie, bluebear, maple, lilly, bunnie & peanut

in NH, she'll get to see bluebear, maple, lilly, bunnie & peanut again on wincrest island... but she, unfortunately won't be able to see katie.. but she'll be recieving her poster... & she'll recieve letters from her & from katie's mum, kaitlin, too *change that to lolly, fauna & willow?* *changed to lolly*

although she kinda likes to adventure a little bit *for example, going to a mystery island*, she gets a little bit nervous about it..

penny has a dog plush that she absolutaly loves

her mum got her for her when she was 3 years old...

she takes her everywhere with her

she's got a little brother, who's 6 years old...so he stays at home with their mum & dad

penny's 14 years old

she likes rainbows, fireworks, the beach & cherry blossoms & autumn leaves :>

she can be a bit indecisive when it comes to what to wear

she's a bit wary of thunder & lighting....

she has 2 favourite outfits: her, pink ribbon/zen hairclip, Sailor-style Shirt , Buttoned Lace Skirt/beige lace skirt, beige Lace Socks & white Embroidered Shoes & her pink ribbon, mint Boa Parka , Bear Tee , beige Lace Socks, beige lace skirt & red Babouches

but her most fav outfit of all is the Sailor-style Shirt, beige lace skirt, pink flip-flops & her pink ribbon, for summer

she doesn't really trust redd, all that much.... if at all...

when it comes to selling stuff to get money/bells, she'd rather sell shells & fruit, at first

the dodo plane didn't allow pets on the plane....

therefore, her mum will send mikan to her, by air-mail

she really, really, doesnt like statues.... she thinks they just look..... either really wierd... or really rude... so she'll be avoiding those....

she likes taking photos ^^

she's afraid of ghosts...

she's afraid of the dark.... :<

time she goes to bed: 10 pm
time she wakes up: 6 am *so, i'll have to set my new switch to 6:00 am *

she doesn't like jam, so she doesn't like Berliner's

she's not one to do actual manual laber.. so i don't know how she's going to build the treehouse....

what isabelle's saying when ''i'' get onto the game on whatever day, penny's hearing through her radio, when she turns it on in the morning :>

*she'll be making her story debut WAY, WAY~... after i finish my main NH playthrough*

*i might want other people to act as her mum & dad & send her letters every now & then, telling her what's been going on & what her little brother's been up to... & send her stuff through the mail....
except for the stuff she & dad actually send her... don't need to worry about that part *

Last edited:
her flower shop items .... *the x? 's means I don't know how many she'll need ..... *

*how many do you think she'll need for a flower shop? *

untitled-png.285200

i'm thinking of putting a park/playground near the school .... because schools usually have playgrounds :3 .... maybe...

untitled-png.286705

Last edited:
her house customization that i think she'd like to have & bridges & inclines that i think she'd like to do

de1m20f-34629962-7d21-4db9-9bc6-5166ad9db059.png
penny's bridges, inclines and house customizations ....png

i think she'd really like to have the white imperial door, since she was born in japan

& i think she'll stick to the natural ramps & the suspension bridges...

edit on 27/5/21: scrap what i said..., just the log staircase, the stone bridge & the suspension bridges, please :3

Last edited:
penny, with her hair down and in her nightgown and slippers
*she'll obviously undo her pigtails before she goes to bed at night :3*

penny-with-her-hair-down-and-in-her-nightgown-and-slippers-png.293332

Last edited:
pic of penny *either in the musuem tent or in the musuem itself*

she's miffed at blathers for not liking the bugs that she likes, especially butterflies *that butterfly is supposed to be the common white butterfly*

penny-is-miffed-at-blathers-png.294192

in japanese..... - penny: demo, ano ko kirei desu!~

Last edited:
de4y57x-90c43cd9-c801-42b1-89e1-d675ead811ff.png

de4y57x-90c43cd9-c801-42b1-89e1-d675ead811ff.png

penny finds out that raymond likes lolly & she's a little upset about it

raymond gave lolly a White Lily & put it in her hair/fur

*i'm not sure if that'll happen, though, yet*

Last edited:
some info on her * & liem's* mum *that you might not have known* i got it from here - https://www.thegamer.com/animal-crossing-mom-facts-details/

Her Presents Are Largely Random

While her mom gives you tons of gifts, there aren't a whole lot of patterns about what she gives her besides the object loosely corresponding to certain holidays.

For the most part, she can get nearly any sort of random fruit, clothing, or furniture from her on an average random day.

The one main exception to this is Mother's Day when she typically gives her a Pink Carnation as a special present in most games.

Besides this rare flower, she can truly end up with anything in her mailbox, and that surprise helps make presents from her mom all the more special.

She Likes To Write Poetry

One of the letters by her mother mentions how much she loves nature and wants to write a poem about it.

It’s unclear if this is just a hobby or something she does professionally, but her mass of letters appears to come from a general enjoyment of writing and not just her parenting.

What's important about this letter is that it shows she has hobbies and interests besides her.

Even though she loves to send her mail, she still has her own life to live, and makes her much more of a character than an ambiguous mother.

It's just a shame she never sends her any of her poems. *mayyybeee*

She's Enthusiastic About Fitness

her mom’s age and overall health are a mystery, but it’s clear that she works hard to stay in shape and often works to keep her weight down.

There are tons of stories she tells about exercising, with some being moments of pride and others leading into mistakes that require the help of the fire department.

Much of the reasoning seems to be about keeping her weight down and body thin, mentioning at least once how she’s working to be ready to show off a new swimsuit.

Nobody has to be thin to enjoy the beach, but she has clear goals and takes care of her body, and is being a great role model by keeping fit.

She Has Mad Embroidery & Knitting Skills

Animal Crossing: New Horizons introduced unique "Mom" items that can only be obtained via letters from penny *pen & liem's* 's Mom.

Such items include Mom's Tissue Box and Mom's Knapsack, but the really interesting items are the ones that seem to be handmade by her Mom herself.

penny can display not only her Mom's art on their walls but also her Mom's embroidery, both of which are customizable to display different artwork.

her Mom can also send clothing to the player such as her Mom's hand-knit sweater, also customizable to show a variety of adorable animals and/or patterns.

She Enjoys Warm Drinks

Like many adults, her Mom is someone who enjoys (or perhaps relies on) a cup of coffee in the morning.

She mentions enjoying coffee in several different letters throughout the series, but she doesn't discriminate when it comes to beverages.

Another unique Mom item is her Mom's tea cozy, which comes with a cup of tea already poured and warm, thanks to the cozy wrapped around the pot.

This lovely item can be customized to look like a cute cupcake or even a blue cat.

She Loves To Bake

In several of her letters, her Mom mentions baking delicacies and treats, both for penny when they were little and for her husband as well.

*Unfortunately, players were unable to experience her culinary achievements until New Horizons,* where she will send Mom's homemade cake to penny on her birthday.

The cake can be customized into several different flavors and patterns, but the true sweetness is the effort she went through to mail a baked cake.
She must have paid extra for fragile shipping.

She Loves K.K. Slider Too

It's easy enough to joke that K.K. Slider is the only musical celebrity in the Animal Crossing world, but he truly is loved by everyone, including penny's) (pen & liems) parents.

her Mom seems to be an avid enjoyer of the arts, considering her love of embroidery and evening entertainment.

It isn't confirmed whether K.K. is actually playing a live show in their town, but it's genuinely sweet that an entire family goes to see the same artist whenever he performs live.

She Has A... Minor Shopping Problem

While many of your mom's gifts are sent out of kindness, not everything she sends to you is bought for your benefit.

In fact, some are sent so she can empty her house, as proved by a letter saying she’s sending you something she bought on a dangerously intense shopping spree.

Even some of the fruit she sends is because she’s concerned about eating too much.

While her gifts are welcome, it’s clear she can be obsessive when it comes to food and shopping.

It’s unsure how far this goes, but she definitely seems to have some addictive traits and expensive tastes.

She Takes A Break For Father's Day

While her mother writes to you extremely frequently in the original Animal Crossing for Gamecube, you hardly get to hear from her husband, her father.

He does exist, though, and the proof of it is on Father’s Day when he finally gets to send a letter and a red carnation.

His wisdom and shortcomings are mentioned a lot in her letters, but it’s clear she has a very neutral and typical father.

Whether he refuses to write or just doesn’t care as much as her mom is uncertain, but her Mother doesn’t restrict him at any point and instead is writing on his behalf most of the time.

She's A Huge Romantic

penny's (pen & liem's) mother loves her *pen & liem*, but she loves the idea of love just as much.

There are tons of letters where she talks about her own marriage, and how she and *their* dad are enjoying their company together.

She even mentions how sharing an umbrella with their father made him blush in one adorable letter.

Several of the letters she sends have to do with how she hopes she can impress someone, with many clothing gifts featuring a note where she tells you to go ahead and tell a special person exactly how you feel about them.

While romance is one of the only things you can't do in Animal Crossing, she's plenty ready for you to find a special someone.

She Doesn't Have A Real Name *i'll call her ' KIKU ' *

One of the largest oddities of penny *pen & liem's* mother is that there she doesn't have any specific or canonical name.

At no point has there ever been a mention of first or last names for either of your parents, with the only title her mom signs her letters being simply "Mom."

There are lots of traits you learn about her over the course of her letters, but her identity, on the whole, is fairly mysterious.

She loves and supports penny (& liem) as she move outs, though, and that's really all that matters at the end of the day.

Her Husband Is Somewhat Flawed *i'll call him ' Toby '

While there are many positive letters about her relationship with penny/pen/liem's dad, there are also a number of surprisingly unfortunate sentiments she sends about him.

One jokes about how he forgot their anniversary, while another mentions how she was especially fond of the firemen that helped save her during an aerobics accident.

They still appear to love each other and travel together, but it does seem to be a slightly rocky marriage in a few places.

They’ve obviously never had any real visible conflicts, but while penny/pen/liem's mom’s letters are playful there are definitely some unsettling undertones to some of her stories.

She Laughs At Her Own Jokes

One of the other odd trends of your mother is her attempts at humor, something that she’s extremely proud of even though most of her jokes fall flat.

She especially loves sending comical statements on April Fool’s, but every now and then will send you silly riddles before writing out her explosive laughter.

*Even as far back as the original Animal Crossing in 2001,* she writes the same way that many real parents do in Facebook comments, over-explaining jokes and complimenting herself about how funny she is.

They’re definitely awkward to read, but this is undoubtedly one of the most endearing and motherly things she does.

She's The Only Human NPC*beside's dad*

Perhaps the strangest fact you learn from mom is that she appears to be human just like penny/liem*.

One letter confirms this when she remarks how strange it is to her that she's living with animals, and not even being sure if the intelligent talkative animals brush their teeth.

No other human appears in the Animal Crossing series, but penny/pen/liem's* mom implies that you*they* aren’t the only human in the world and that there are cities that aren’t populated by friendly animals.

This quality of the Animal Crossing world is unmentioned anywhere else but is deeply fascinating, even if human cities are far less interesting than the lovely faces you meet in the games.

She Will Always Love You*them*

The most important part of the letters her Mom sends penny is that, above all else, she writes to penny because she loves her, and misses her terribly.

All of the reminiscing she does about her childhood would make any *player* penny misty-eyed, but the fact that she never forgets an important date such as your birthday is truly heartwarming.

*This message is especially poignant for players who may not have the closest relationship to their real-life mother.
Like always, Nintendo knows just how to tug on our heartstrings and make a game seem larger than life.*

Last edited:
1604009778213.png

she's holding her dog plush.... puppers the dog

her mum got her for her when she was 3 years old...

she takes her everywhere with her

*she can fit her into her pocket :3 *

Last edited:
penny's mum, kiku & dad, toby *& penelope & penny's little brother, liam's mum & dad*

untitled-0-png.318617

Last edited:
Back