Splatoon SPLATOON 3

Surprised by the sweep but looking at the actual numbers team grass lost by a very small % so it wasn't as certain of a win as it seems. Water won conch shells with 33.77% vs 33,71% and the open category with 33,84% vs 33,41%. Had grass flipped both of those it would've won.

Regardless, congrats to water for being the first one to win all categories & being the first tricolor defenders to actually win!

Splatfest was fun! Proud to have served team water. Tricolor battles still seem kinda unbalanced (and exhausting) for the defenders, but at least this time people were prepared for it. I remember losing a lot when I was on team fun but this time it feels like my W/L ratio was pretty even.

photo_2022-11-15_02-42-44.jpg

Getting drafted into these random high stake battles was stressful but it felt really good to win!

photo_2022-11-15_03-07-19.jpg

I also managed to get the gold defender badge. Really happy with how my splashtag looks now. Green + yellow goes well with my name lol

A new trailer dropped for the next season! Lots of fun new weapons and weapon kits on showcase.

Did any of you spot a new weapon you're interested in? I look forward to seeing how that new roller works personally. Seems like a faster dynamo roller which is interesting.

Lowkey hope I don't end up loving any of the new clothes though, I just finished changing the main abilities on my "main" outfit.

That trailer looks sooooo good I'm so so so excited! I saw so many new gear that looks so stylish!!! The new weapons look so good, the pen one I love even though I porbably won't play it ever. That new splatter which seems to have Booyah Bomb will definitely spend a lot of time between my hands though. The new map looks amaaaaaazing too! And I'm of course excited for the return of Flounder's heights, even though it seems as though they lowered the buildings.

I'm also looking forward to the new roller! They're my favorite weapon class but I always feel bad bringing any non-flingza roller into turf since the other rollers paint really badly. The new roller looks like it'd be good at painting with how wide it is.

I'm excited for the new update especially for the new clothes! I feel like there's barely any atm. hard to make a outfit when there's not much gear I like (cosmetically)

The update seems pretty good! The new map is pretty good, a lot more interesting than the other new maps that are in the game. The weapons are alright, the new roller is pretty good. I mained the Aerospray RG in splat zones in Splatoon 2, so I'm glad it's back lol. Marooners Bay though...I've had no luck whatsoever in Grizzco even with random weapons. And Cohozuna on Marooners Bay is absolutely awful 😫

Haven't had the time to really crack in to the new update, but the few hours I've gotten in with the new inkbrush kit have felt incredible. Ink mine is my favourite sub so I'm thrilled to have it on one of my main weapons. Ultra stamp is fun to use too, this is the first weapon I like that has it.

I also tested the big swig roller for a bit and it's definitely more of a support roller than I'm used to. I find the kit fun if you have team mates that group up so you can actually provide back up for them. If you get stranded alone with the big swig it's a bit of a struggle to use the weapon and much less fun. I'll have to play some more with it to figure out my exact thoughts.

Clothing wise I found a rainbow tie-dye shirt that I'm living for. Looking forward to seeing more of the new gear cycle in my stores.

Suffice to say my first impressions for the new season are pretty good so far!

Salmon Run with the Grizzco Slosher was so fun! Now I just can't wait for the magnificent all Grizzco Weapons gold rotation, hopefully we will get it soon after the Grizzco Charger one 🥰

FkFnfKgXgAIejKL.jpg

Splatfest is this weekend! What team is everyone choosing this time?

I'm personally going for spicy. This is my first time picking a team that's not Big Man's but I gotta stay true to my asian self lol

Im going for Team Fyre. I haven't been on Team Big Man yet, but hopefully Fyre can get a win this time around!

I'll be splatting on the side of Sweet this time! I know this team will probably be quite popular so I do feel a tiny bit bad for picking it but what can ya do. I prefer to stay true to my pick regardless of meta reasons.

Having purple ink will be a fun change of pace though, I've had just yellow/green in the past.

I have a bunch of health issues, so spicy stuff actively hurts me. I crave sweet stuff occasionally, but I can only take one or two bites before I start getting nauseous and wonder what my brain was expecting when it started craving sweets because this always happens. Sour wins by default.

Everyone on my friends list is on Sweet. 😔 It probably won't be as bad as Gear/Grub/Fun, but I hope that Team Sweet likes mirror matches because they'll probably be seeing a lot of those.

I've already been on Team Shiver and Frye, so I'm happy to round things out on Big Man's team. Also, starting from the last Splatfest, I've been trying to decorate my locker with my team's color scheme, so here's my yellow locker!

Cjt15hU.jpg

I chose Team Sweet and I'm glad the color isn't as blinding as I expected it to be. The last splatfest colors were like three suns to me and I don't know how I managed to see anyone or myself, lol.

I always try to draw a new banner but it's not as amazing as other ones I've seen.
FlowDvyaYAAxt0C

I was busy for majority of the weekend but I was blessed with a day off today, so I spent the last 1/4th of splatfest grinding for the Sweet Ruler + Golden Attacker & Defender badges! I'm super happy I achieved them, I didn't think I could do it with my skill issue but I somehow managed to finish my goals at 4 AM 🙇‍♀️

Really loving the look of my locker too!

1673231962307.png

1673231981443.png

Everyone on my friends list is on Sweet. 😔 It probably won't be as bad as Gear/Grub/Fun, but I hope that Team Sweet likes mirror matches because they'll probably be seeing a lot of those.
I only had an hour block to play, and that was literally all my matches but probably two. 😆 I’m not sure what I was expecting; I knew sweet would be the most popular, but dang.

Also, cute idea! Your locker looks really cohesive and cool! (And that weird tongue squid thingy eating the other squid looks like he’s supposed to be in a sour candy commercial.)

i for some reason didn't play too much splatoon 2 (i was super into 1 when it came out) but i feel like i've gotten back into the swing of things with 3 :^) i went with team sweet and had lots of fun taking pictures with the team colour + filters. i'm obsessed with the team sweet purple, it's so pretty and i loved painting with it. i made it to ruler +1 earlier today and then ended splatfest with a few more matches

FmAEv7EaEAExE1u.png
FmAEv60aMAAfh4r.png

FmAEv6saUAIFhst.png
FmAGsUpakAULDhn.png

i needed a new pic for my locker's photo frame and these were contenders (i love how glowy they look)

FmAEv6_aMAAnfXE.png

another option for the frame because look how cute 😭
now that i think about it, what might actually be selling this game to me is the gacha machine + items and the lockers. i'm not much of a great player but i'm a total sucker for trinkets, stickers and customization
jfv5ola.png

FmAIT9taEAI6au-.png
FmAIT9zaYAEPoZm.png

current locker set up! can you tell i've hit the sticker limit on my locker? lmao

I only had an hour block to play, and that was literally all my matches but probably two. 😆 I’m not sure what I was expecting; I knew sweet would be the most popular, but dang.

Also, cute idea! Your locker looks really cohesive and cool! (And that weird tongue squid thingy eating the other squid looks like he’s supposed to be in a sour candy commercial.)

Oof. Well, I guess I was right in that it technically "wasn't as bad as Gear/Grub/Fun." 56.84% of votes for Sweet is less than Gear's 58.28%. 😅

If it's any consolation, on my side, that meant that 99.99% of my fights were against Sweet. I only had two Open/Pro games where I fought Spicy, and one of which had Spicy in a stagger loop so bad that they got spawn-camped by two of my teammates, and since I stayed back in mid to watch the flank routes, I literally saw enemies/their ink, like, three times during that whole match. I half-forgot that Spicy existed until I saw them in the Tricolor matches. Incidentally, due to their ink colors, a Sour vs Spicy match looks like a McDonald's ad.

And thank you! :'D Also, oh my gosh, that was exactly what I was going for with the weird tongue squid thingy, no joke. You totally got it; you win! And you doubly win since you also won the Splatfest~

Back