The Pro-ACNL (Anti-rant) Thread

I am playing two of my "unfinished" NL games again, and enjoying them! Yes, I'm surprised and pleased. Omgosh, I forgot about how challenging it is to get the perfect town rating, but lily of the valley flowers are finally showing up on the cliffs. (Geez, Isabel :rolleyes:) I have to study up on breeding hybrids because that is the specialty of my town named Wagtales (five cats and five dogs). Love those blue pansies!
That town idea is so cool! I've wanted to have a town that's half cats and half dogs but don't have enough time for yet another town. Are you documenting your town anywhere?

I am playing two of my "unfinished" NL games again, and enjoying them! Yes, I'm surprised and pleased. Omgosh, I forgot about how challenging it is to get the perfect town rating, but lily of the valley flowers are finally showing up on the cliffs. (Geez, Isabel :rolleyes:) I have to study up on breeding hybrids because that is the specialty of my town named Wagtales (five cats and five dogs). Love those blue pansies!
I am recently playing on my unfinished towns too!! :) It feels like nobody plays the game anymore, which is pretty much true Lol. NH just doesn’t have the charm that NL had. If any fellow players like you want to add FC’s lmk :) Tryna bring a small community back together

I recently realized how much I like the music in New Leaf, too. I haven't played since New Horizons but my husband still does and hearing the lovely hourly music makes me smile.
I love it too. Especially the 9 AM and 7 PM music. I spent so much time playing at those specific hours, so they have a special place in my heart.

I love the music in this game, especially the night and rain music, and some of the winter music I believe.

I love drinking the lil coffees and sometimes I hoard them for a few days, hahah. I dont even drink coffee IRL but the lil cups are so cute.

I've got some cute spots I like to just sit and chill. The nigt sky and the sun sets are sooo nice looking.

I also love to wander around and look when there are shooting stars or fireworks. The fireworks sounds are SO good! Sitting inside the house and hearing them is so so so nice. And the way they light up everything, yay.

I love how the game is, once you've unlocked most things, still just nice to start up and have a look around in. You can always do something new (visit dream towns, re-do your town etc). Like, there's a way to keep on playing forever in a way. Even if you can take long breaks.

I love it when a villager offers to buy something for more bells than it sales for at re-tail (according to my calculations, they sometimes buy it for 20% more bells).

Last night, Rooney bought my saw shark for 14,400 bells, which is 20% more bells then the regular sell price (12,000 bells). :,,,,,,)

almost makes me just want to say “**** re-tail! I’m gonna try selling to my villagers instead!” 💕

I got an item in the mail today that I thought was a Valentine’s Day exclusive item (spring shirt). I’m still going to wear my ballet dress, but it was a nice surprise. ^.^

Getting an out-of-the-blue letter is enough to make my day. Got my first one (since restarting) a couple days ago. :,)

Last edited:
I haven't been on the forum much in quite a while, but just re-read most of these posts. That was fun! I even see some of you long-time members "lurking?" :LOL: Remember when...

How about some of you "newbies" to New Leaf? What do you like/love about this game?

New Leaf will not vanish, it will always be a delightful memory in my heart, and as a wonderful part of my life. My 6 year old grandson introduced me to the game in 2016. Now that's a sweet memory for both of us!

AND my husband and I met on this forum in 2016, met in person in 2019 and got married in July of that year! Whoo hoo!
I'm currently playing the town he created for us before we met face to face. 🌞

Can't say farewell to the online portion of New Leaf without being thankful for all the wonderful, creative, generous people on this forum who were/are an enhancement to the pleasure of the game itself.

So I obviously love New Leaf for more than the game itself. Thanks for the memories. 🥰

Back