The Resetting Thread

^ There's still plenty of people playing. It's nowhere near as active as it was a couple of years ago because some people have moved on. But the community here is still going strong.

I went back and forth about resetting my game because I had spent a lot of time on it. I finally decided on doing it because it had been a year or more since I had last played, and I knew my town was going to be overgrown and sad. It's kind of silly, but I felt like I disappointed my villagers by not playing for so long. :( So I reset my town and got a hefty sum of bells, and my renewed love for Animal Crossing is making this play-through that much more fun for me. Plus I love the name of my new town (Ghostpie) versus my old town name (Rabbit), so that's always nice.

Well, it's official. My town has been reset. Will be recreating it some time tomorrow, hopefully. Not sure on a name yet, though.

I recreated mine like two weeks ago and I am so happy I did it! : )

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, it's official. My town has been reset. Will be recreating it some time tomorrow, hopefully. Not sure on a name yet, though.

Good Luck with your new town!

I've had my copy for about a year now, my first town was a disaster as I never knew you could plot reset, or even restart the game. I just put things in awkward places and as soon as I found out that you could reset I did. I made my main town and I had it for about 7 months before my little brother one day in a tantrum deleted it. The sad part is that I had my then dream villagers, pwp's placed where it is supposed to be and it was getting close to being perfect.

I got depressed and stopped playing animal crossing and today I decided to take it up again. I'm going to go for my dream map this time and be even more picky (I even have a list of things I want and dont want), it will take its time but I'm sure I can get the right if I just don't give up. It's sad what happened to my last town but atleast I now know that I can't trust my little brother around my DS. :(

Good luck! What?s your criteria?

My criteria for my town is:
- Town hall and train station should have Blue roof.
- Grass shape should be circles, I never really liked the other shapes and they look weird to me at winter.
- Fruit has to be cherry, it's the prettiest as perfect fruit. (Eventhough if the map is perfect I'll settle for Apples).
- A cliff diving area, and the beach should be split into two and be accessible easily. No pirate beach.
- No rocks in the way of my landscaping ideas, and please for the love of the almighty ACNL god, no rock infront of the train station :mad:.
-No gorilla or Monkey villagers, otherwise I'll take any villager even the hated once, they're getting cycled anyway for dreamies when the time comes.
- I don't want my river to have to many bends without getting boring, I want it to be easy to walk through it and not break a sweat over how long it is to walk around. Also nice places to build future bridges.
- Ponds can't be more than 2 small once and they need to be placed so that it goes well with future landscaping. Meaning not infront of the re-tail/town hall/train station.
- Town plaza needs to be nicely placed and not hidden away in a corner. :mad:
- And yet again for the love of the ACNL god, please don't place anything of importance close to the campsite such as Town hall, Re-tail or town Plaza.

Yesterday I sat for 8 hours and did 80 resets without finding the map, today I'll be doing the same thing. :blush:
I think my criterias is ok, I had similar for my old map and I got it after a week of reset. I just hope it'll be faster this time as I can't wait to start playing. :blush: After all I want to be able to play the map for a very long time without resetting again.

AAAAAAA IM SO SAD!
My card stopped working (have it downloaded on my SD card), so I lost everything!
Started up a new town, but ugghh. My house, my bells, my museum, RIP.

It's not THAT bad to restart, I'm just saaallltttyyyyyyyyyyy

For the first time in a long time i'm actually considering resetting my town. Because even though I have the perfect map, town fruit and train station, part of me is really bothered by my mayor's eyes and maybe even my house placement. Like my mayor's eyes literally don't go with any hairstyles except the pigtails imo and I don't want to have to wear pigtails all the time. My house placement is right next to the town hall and even though it doesn't bother me too much and I can easily ignore that it does irk me a little bit.

Resetting again because I'm not overly attached to my villagers and I'm unhappy with my mayor's name and gender. Although, the gender thing wouldn't be much of an issue if we were allowed to change/update our names later on. We should really have the option of going to Isabelle and filing for a name change.

I thought I made a post on here the other day, but I suppose not. I couldn't decide if I should reset my town to get back into the game or if I should just hold off until the next installment, but I ended up taking the plunge. :blush:

Resetting, I need someone to hold my stuff! I'm making a new gardening town and need someone to hold while I reset.

I reset Quartz. I was originally going to move a few villagers to see if it would make me more motivated to play it but having two towns with the same fruit and train station and even villagers in common is boring.

Plus now my towns are opposites. Equinox & Solstice. It's nice. Plus I got really nice villagers at the start. (also my mayor isn't a girl named Kat but a boy named Kit. it's still "me" but I wanted to try something a lil different.)

I wanna reset, but i have most of the gold tools, (apart from the gold can, because my towns far from perfect..) but, i dont want to, because i have all house upgrades, ect...help

Im trying to reset too! I need someone to hold items. Like 65 items. 50 flowers
jslsmvfjeoalaufhensncbjskanekfk

Today is the day. Im unhappy with my map/ villagers/ fruit/ grass deterioation. I want a better town dangit! Ive had this town aince December, put 200hours on it, i just feel like i could do better. I really want apples as native, i have everything packed up. Mostly my zelda items, tools, rare flowers. But im a little sad to be throwing my town away.

Oh well

Back