What Are You Happy About Today?

I'm happy to experience the cool neat good things I have.
Today is mostly a relaxing day for me as my knees are not feeling thier best today. But we have been pretty busy this past weekend so I guess it evens out. But I hope to get some weed eating done this evening around my garden beds.
I'm just so happy it is spring and the dreaded winter is over with. I wish it would stay warm and stuff but it doesn't work that way, and I would end up missing my favorite season, Autumn.

I created a makeshift bed for our dog.

my heart was overjoyed when she actually laid down and slept on it.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 3.02.38 PM.png

I'm OVER THE MOON today because my best friend just bought us VIP tickets to meet ATARASHII GAKKO in October!!! 😭 😭 😭

They mean so much to me. I'm sooo excited !!! AND HAPPY! My best friend knew I couldn't afford VIP upgrade rn because unemployed, but the second I get a job I'm paying back EVERY PENNY 😭 I'm so happy. My dream is coming true 🤩

My mood is pretty bad right now, but there is one thing that I’m happy about. Today my Switch came! 🥳

IMG_7280.jpeg

I just realized I didn’t need the docking station; oops.

Bad news: the charger fit (i’m saying this since the one i used for my switch lite kept falling out) my Switch Lite but it is not charging 😭. Idk what to do. So it is the switch lite. Is there a store that repairs switches that aren’t under warranty?

I got $800(!!!) from Delta airlines because they oversold my flight, and needed volunteers to move to a flight tomorrow. I got the okay from my boss and my family so it was an easy yes! They even got me a free hotel. The hotel is simple, but considering I've been sleeping on a futon for 5 days, it's a major improvement.

Such a fun an unique experience, now I got money and an extra vacation day. LOL. YAY

I have to post here again since I have more things that made me happy 🙂.

@Xara just surprised me with the ghost kitty plush 😭; she didn’t have to do that.I’m so incredibly touched. I hope I can repay her and my other friends who have gifted me something somehow 🙂 (even though it is really late by now >.<).

I was able to transfer my island data to my new switch; I can’t transfer my user data for my main and alt accounts that also have a house on my island though since it requires me to have my ac adapter plugged in. It doesn’t recognize that the new adapter is plugged in. Now at least I know it is the port that is the problem; hopefully I can get it fixed soon. My mom said sending it to Nintendo to be fixed can be a last resort.

I caught Jewels and a squirrel having a staring showdown today 😸😹.

09D421B4-9898-43E1-9284-45C12ED3BF8F.jpeg

I got a pretty leaf-patterned three-ring binder recently with gold accents that I really love (it turned out to be... slightly broken LOL but I was able to fix it!!), and today I printed out physical copies of all my character art that I’ve done or received as a gift/trade to store in it!! Also printed physical copies of art I’ve commissioned too, but I’m storing those in my usual albums! I like having a lot of backups and physical copies of things when possible, it makes me feel a lot more secure ahaha ;v; And now I don’t need my computer to enjoy these!

My yearly additions to my Alpacasso collection arrived today!! My picks for this year were the pink one from the Macaron series (I will find the purple and green Macaron Alpacassos someday... but the pink is actually slightly different from the standard pink alpacasso color, so I’m still really happy with it!), and the dark pink Lovely Jester Baby Alpacasso! both are the keychain-size, which is my favorite Alpacasso height too!

Submitted my final balloon collectible suggestion!

My parents and I watched some Youtube videos this evening and got to see SolidarityGaming’s new Minecraft SOS episode!

Spent some time working on character profiles today, and actually got a character I really wanted on Toyhouse!! 😭 It was one of those instant spark of inspiration things, so I’m really happy it worked out ;w; he has a lil moon bunny theme going too which I really love bc Space Camp aaa 🤍

Yesterday was Mother's Day! I got to sleep in, had a nice phone call with my mom, and got lots of kisses and cuddles from my dog. I've seen a bunch of pretty birds around lately: robins, bluejays, cardinals, and blackbirds. There was a cluster of different birds on one of our walks and seeing the various colors all together was so stunning. I wish I had been able to get a photo. I also saw Vivi, the baby groundhog, again today!

- Took a couple day break from the forums to iron out my thoughts on things, and I'm feeling much better now. 🧠

- I went to martial arts tonight and continued preparing for my upcoming belt test! 🥋

- Was productive at work and finished early, so I watched the newest episode of Demon Slayer. 📺

- Gave my kitties their wet food and they really appreciated it. 🐱

- Last, but not least, the Dallas STARS! defeated the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 tonight to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. Just need one more win now to advance to the Conference Finals!! 🏒 🔥 💚

• Enjoying some matcha 🍵 and music 🎧 this morning
  • I have an appointment this morning but other than that I have the day to myself. Gonna get on the treadmill. I’ve been doing that for 30 min everyday. I hope it will help with weight loss but at the very least exercise definitely improves my mood and my ability to focus. I might try for 45 min on the treadmill today.
  • Might do some yoga,, weights , and squats too today
  • I’m feeling pretty motivated in general. I’ve been listening to a lot of productivity and motivation type audiobooks and YouTube videos and podcasts and it seems to help my motivation

Tuesday, May 14th
👨‍🔬 I had an extremely productive day at work.
🏋️‍♂️ Yesterday I went bouldering after work with my partner and a close friend. Before the year of three house/job moves(!), I'd go twice a week with friends and then I'd often go at least once on my own too. I forgot how much I love climbing! I'm aiming to get back into it at least once a week again. 💪
🎮 Later in the evening I was involved in trial-running one of the upcoming TBTWC events with @Justin, @~Kilza~, @Mick, @Mistreil, and @Pyoopi. It was great fun chatting and playing with them and I think everyone will enjoy the event! 😊

Wednesday, May 15th
It's not been the happiest day as I've been off work sick. But I did get a surprise when the mailman showed up with a package from my parents. They sent me a bottle of the Sauvage Elixir by Dior for my birthday (which is this Saturday)! They gifted me the eau de parfum for Christmas in 2022 and I hadn't even mentioned I was almost out of it, so this was incredibly well-timed and thoughtful! :D
20240514_202531.jpg

Today's been another great day so far! 😁

- Got up early and was really productive at work. Gave them a lift off the bench and I'm my work's Most Valuable Sixth Man™️ right now. 😤

- My room and the house is all clean! Love it when it's like this. 🏠

- I ordered my favorite coffee drink from a local place since it's been a bit since I last ordered it. So delicious. 😋

- I don't have any other plans or strength training for the rest of the day, so I'm going to use this opportunity to play some more Pokemon. 🎮

- The weather outside is lovely! ☀️

My day just started so I might have more to post later 🙂.

Right now I’m happy that I got the call to the local electronics repair shop over with and tomorrow my dad will be running me over there to get my switch lite fixed. It’ll take 3-4 days. It’ll cost more than what the estimated cost from Nintendo was, but at least I should be getting it back in time for the tbtwc assuming the repair goes well 🙂🤞.

@Xara shared a picture of her gorgeous kitty with me. ☺️

Spanky snuggled with me for a bit longer than she usually does ☺️. Right now she is being a silly kitty and sleeping in a corner by one of my bookshelves; Jewels is sleeping in a cardboard box 😸😹. Silly cats and their boxes 🥰.

Earlier, I put my new switch and dock away in the storage box I got for it and I’m really happy with how it fits. I’ll definitely will be putting my pro controller in there once I open it 🙂; I’m waiting until I get all my data transferred.

IMG_7289.jpeg

I'm back again! Just taking it one day at a time. 🙂 And with uh, lengthy post too oops.

May 7, 2024 to May 11, 2024
  • I watched the 2024 Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix. Nothing too special to note, but it was all right. 🇨🇳
  • One day after my college classes finished for the day, I ended up going for a lengthy walk with weather being fairly decent. It genuinely lifted up my mood a bit.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I saw two different cars on separate days. During my walk, I was pleasantly surprised to see a BMW M5 (E60) again (though, the driver of the car was being impatient like your typical BMW driver lol). The other day, I was driving home from the grocery store with my mother and decided to take a detour to avoid traffic. While I've seen this car already at the auto show that @/xSuperMario64x and I went to back in late February, I was extremely happy to spot a Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) out in the wild! Had I just put up with traffic, I would've easily missed out spotting this awesome car that I can have fun driving in Gran Turismo 7. 😭
  • I cooked Chicken Tinola for dinner at one point and it was a success! I thought the flavour would be lacking since I was tasting it early on, but once it was close to finishing, it all came together. YES! 😋
  • Feel free to skip this lengthy point too. While I was at work backing out a vehicle after service, I ended up spotting a somewhat interesting car for the first time. It was a 2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe, and it actually appeared in Gran Turismo 6 believe it or not! When I noticed that it only had one door handle on one side, I just knew it was the coupe version. As a result, this ends up being car #237 on my list. However, it actually ended up marking a special milestone to me. The thing is, there are some cars in my humongous list that has never appeared in the Gran Turismo series (one appears in Mario Kart 8 for good measure lol). With the Evoque Coupe I spotted, this marks the 200th car that does appear in the series. It took me roughly three years of keeping my eyes peeled on the road whether I'm driving, going for a walk, or commuting to get to this point. Sports cars, muscle cars, super cars, electric cars, iconic classic cars, obscure cars, your every day commuter, a kei car, and even a car by Porsche created for a video game (which I took a picture of it!), the list is quite diverse. Yeah, some of you may not even believe me (and I'm talking about this on an Animal Crossing forum of all places), but it doesn't change the fact how not enough words can describe how happy I am about this. I saw what I saw, and that's what matters. 🥹
Moon Over the Castle - Masahiro Andoh

May 12, 2024
  • I had a fairly good time at work taking in this one car for an oil change and tire swap. It's a typical thing for me to do at work, but why? Because I was lucky enough to work on a 2018 Volkswagen Beetle Dune! In fact, it wasn't the first time working on this same car as I did a tire swap on it last year during winter tire season. Anyways, it really lifted up my mood, especially since my coworkers knew I'd absolutely love to work on it. 😊 Thankfully, we weren't busy, so I took my time trying to wrestle the low profile tires off the rim (I really had to put my strength into it rip), but I remained persistent and managed to get all of the work done! No joke, it made my day considering we deal with SUVs half of the time at work. This Beetle alone has got some character! 🪲
  • My mother made blueberry pie for me and my sister! She was trying to keep it a surprise, but I knew something was up as soon as I walked into the house and smelled the sweet, fragrant blueberries lol. 🫐

May 13, 2024
  • My mother, sister, and I went on a bit of a car stroll. Half of the time was cruising which was nice!
  • We eventually ate at a restaurant to basically celebrate Mother's Day a day later lol. The food was delicious and had some leftovers to save for later!
  • Feel free to skip this point. During my drive, I saw the likes of a Porsche Taycan Turbo S, a classic Volkswagen Beetle convertible, and a first-generation Audi R8! Amusing how it's an all German lineup. 🤔🇩🇪
  • I finally got my new laptop set up to use!

May 14, 2024
  • College was chill.
  • I watched the 2024 Formula 1 Miami Grand Prix, and oh my gosh I'm glad Max Verstappen did NOT win lol. Turns out Lando Norris took the checkered flag instead and earned his first win in Formula 1! I feel so happy for him. Back in 2021, he was on his way to get his first victory during the Russian Grand Prix... Only for the rain to arrive near the end of that race and shattering his hopes as a result due to a poor strategy call (driving in the rain with slick tires for one lap slowed him down massively). So to see Lando getting his first deserved win three years later is awesome. 😊
  • I had a good time relaxing at home and eating some more of the blueberry pie. :)

I crafted the last two orchids I need to collect all the Spring Festival orchids in Cozy Grove!! They’ll be grown so I can donate them to the collections tomorrow, so I’m excited for that! Flamey also only needs one more spirit log, so I’m hoping to get that tomorrow as well. I also was able to get the spring festival dress (it’s super pretty so v happy), and I think I should be able to collect enough water to buy the chest before the end of the event! Storage is a struggle so I’m eager for any extra space I can get ;w;

Got some good news today! We all really needed it this afternoon.

Finished my claim in the Draw the Person Above You thread that I’ve been working on!!

My rainbow heart balloon lineup is nearly complete...!! ;w; I'm hoping I'll be able to find a late red heart balloon in time for pride month, but if not I can just grab a re-release one when they return!

I was happy to be off today especially since I didn’t feel that great most of the day. Still plenty to be happy. I was able to get Aurora her morning walk. Was able to get my laundry done. We finally got some rain today and we really needed it. I spent the day at home reading my book. I finished it and excited to start the next book. Me and Aurora took an afternoon nap and I felt a little better after it. We got a small evening walk and Aurora got to play with her friend Lucy. My plant I started from seed is growing and it makes me happy . Hope everyone had a great day.
IMG_6254.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6527.jpeg

I finally finished reading book 3 in the Wheel of Time series, The Dragon Reborn! I'm not sure what I want to read next, or actually I have too many books I want to read next, but I'm excited to start something new.

We were given a free lunch at work today, a taco bar, and it was delicious. I'm really happy to be done with work for the day because it was a rough day. I took off work tomorrow for my husband's birthday, though, so looking forward to celebrating with him.

Back