• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's Bothering You?

whichever maintenance worker was at our house today left these huge pipes sprawled across the parking space. :x

I suppose it's more of a minor annoyance. But I couldn't see them until I had already turned the corner. (ended up not being able to get in). too massive for me to move.

not the most curtious thing.

IMG_20240515_164654414.jpg

it’s only been a week since i had that conversation with my friend/ex bf about how he’s hurt me, and already we’re back to the same old bs. he made more of an effort to be more open with me and communicate with me for only 2-3 days before going awol again, and i haven’t heard from him since saturday. he’s been active on social media, though.

i understand his mental health is bad and he’s exhausted all of the time from how much he works. lord knows i don’t really have the right to complain when i take forever to reply to messages half the time. but this is ridiculous. it would take him a minute to shoot me a quick message saying, “hey, i’m gonna be really busy and won’t have time to talk until -estimated date-“, or “hey, i’m not doing well mentally and need some space”. all i’m asking for is basic communication and for him to actually treat me like i’m important to him like he says i am.

but i’m not. i know i’m not. i think he keeps me around because i’m familiar and comfortable and he’s already lost so much. i’m apparently one of the last connections he has to his mom because apparently most of his more recent good memories with her from before she passed were from talking about me. but he doesn’t keep me around because i’m me. his supposed best friend for almost 7 years. not because i’ve validated, comforted and talked him through his grief for hours. not because i offered to send him money so he could afford to get his cat cremated. not because i go out of my way for his birthday. all i have done for him, and not a single ****ing thing he has done for me.

i was naive to think anything would change. i was naive to think that getting into a relationship with him would fix anything when he hasn’t even been my friend for years now. i was dumb to think things would be better once we broke the distance. i know how dumb i must’ve looked and sounded these past couple weeks, but i’m done. i love him with all my heart, but i think i love who he was when we first met. not what grief and adulthood has turned him into. as much as i wanted him to be, he’s not my person. him being hurt shouldn’t mean hurting me, and i refuse to let him hurt me anymore.

So, I recently found out that my job may have shortened money back from me without my knowledge throughout the entire school year. At roughly $20 and change an hour with them shortening me 30 minutes a day (we get paid by the minute by the way), totaling roughly 2 and a half hours per week of work that I never got paid for. If this is true, they may see the last of me very soon. Union is looking into it right now.

I wish I didn't rely so much on other people for my emotions. I've done things in the distant past I'm not proud of because of my BPD, and no that isn't an excuse but I've been seen as a bad person in the eyes of others because of it. I've gotten better in terms of not acting impulsively or even wording things poorly, but it hurts to know that those from my past have probably made up their mind about me: that I am a bad person.

I've seen articles online about "how to survive a relationship with someone with BPD" or "how to survive living with someone with BPD" and it's disheartening that these are what people see from an outside perspective. People with BPD are often seen as manipulative or as bad people, when in reality I used to try to avoid forming close bonds with people to avoid hurting them.

I'm gotten better in terms of being more confident in myself as a person. And not in a "I'm attractive or comfortable with how I look" way. It's in a "I'm confident in my interests and not ashamed of the way I am as a person" sort of way. The fact that I'm more confident in what I like means I'm not picking up interests from those around me or getting into things solely because I want to fit in with specific people. I have friends now, and while we don't share all of the same interests, I'm okay with what we do share in common. My friend has gaming sessions with other people for a game I'm not particularly into, and I'm okay with that, because we do our own things together.

I remember a conversation with my therapist from high school that I ended up keeping in contact with. She said that just because your friends are hanging out with other people, it doesn't mean they forgot about you. Outside validation was a big thing for me and I used to rely heavily on other people for my happiness, and most of the time it ended up being one person. When that one person was with other people, I felt internally attacked.

I feel like I've improved a lot as a person despite a few of the struggles I have here and there, but I'm making progress. I just feel like I'm seen as a bad person in the eyes of some people because my actions in the past and there's no way to recover from that. I can better myself as a person, but will it change the way people see me? I don't think so.

Sorry for posting again so soon. I’m just really struggling today. Woke up to a dream that reminded me a little of high school (high school was a nightmare for me). Depressed because I miss my best friend. I’m also feeling bad about how I reacted in the past to some things because I misread mood or wasn’t feeling good or something else.

Also still feeling discouraged and a bit oversensitive about silly things.

I can’t get myself to get out of bed; I still need to take my medicine too. I hope once I do I feel a bit better.

There's something on my phone that's been absolutely killing my battery. I'm not sure what it is, but my guess is Spotify, since the battery would drain every time I listen to music. I know that the model I have is pretty old, but there's no way my phone should drop by 50% and more in such a short amount of time, even when I'm not using it.

I wish I knew for sure what the issue was. I'd like my phone to be usable past lunch time, thanks. :\
My phone’s having battery issues too and I’ve only had it two years. It’s an iPhone 12 and it drains way faster than when I first bought it. Every time I use it for more than a little while the screen gets super warm. My previous iPhone I kept for around 3 years and it bricked out of nowhere and the person at the Apple Store said I had to get a new one. I’d switch to Android, but I’m too lazy to transfer everything over.

I want to tell someone something important but I can't trust them to listen to me anymore. They're always shutting me down and telling me that there's something wrong with me because I'm not happy with how my life has been going and that whatever problem I have always my fault. The tangents won't stop once they start going, either. When try to leave to calm down it's suddenly my fault for ignoring their advice.

Back