What's your favorite song right now?

My last post here is from 2022, and since my Naruto binge is over (I don't plan on ever watching Boruto to be honest), I thought I'd share what my favorite song is right now.

It's a tough choice because there's a lot of songs that have been in anime in the past year+ that I've really enjoyed (Spy x Family, MHA, Demon Slayer, Mob Psycho 100, etc. to name a few), but my favorite current song is probably one that just recently released from a video game, Honkai: Star Rail. It perfectly encapsulates how I feel about things after the Texas Rangers managed to win the 2023 World Series in baseball despite being down 3-2 to the Astros in the ALCS.

I didn't look at the stat at the time, but in best-of-seven series in the MLB the game 5 winner after a tie goes on to win the series 71% of the time. That means the Rangers had just a 29% chance to pull it off, and they did. My mom would have been very proud of them at the time. 💚

I have two (or three?) favorite songs at the moment! The first one is "Celestial" by Ed Sheeran. It plays during the end credits of Pokémon Scarlet/Violet (my favorite Pokémon game) and the lyrics are uplifting, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.
The Toby Fox remix is great too. It sounds very nostalgic...

The most recent one is "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica. @/ZeldaCrossing64 introduced me to the song and when I gave it a listen I noticed that the lyrics resonated with me! I think I have a rebellious side...

This song has been stuck on my mind for about a month now. Mainly because it pops up from time to time on the radio.

I like to listen to this song when I’m feeling a bit blue and alone. I find it to be oddly comforting.

Back