• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

would you use this feature if it were implemented?

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Snow Bunny
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
I was just thinking about how players' heights cannot be changed, every Animal Crossing game has had a set height for all players. but there are short and tall animals so why can't there be short and tall people?

if it became a feature in the series would you choose to make your character shorter? (like in the older games, maybe not with such a big head though lol). I personally wouldn't mind at least having the option.

Omg yes, I absolutely would. I actually think about this a lot. I'd love to be as short as a hamster or as tall as an elephant.

I think it'd be cool, especially since, like you said, villagers have different heights, but I'd still probably be the "normal" height, assuming they'd just add a short and tall option.

since my partner doesnt play as often ,, if this came out ,, i wouldnt tell them. instead i would just make my character as tall as possible. that way ,, when they do log on ,, theyll see our height difference is about as accurate ,, if not more exaggerated ,, than it is in real life. that reaction would be absolutely lovely. so in short ,, yes ,, i would use it. that being said ,, i wouldnt if it was only there to make me shorter and the max height was what the current height is.

You know I noticed that lately. In the older AC games up until City Folk our player characters were really small but if we go to New Leaf and New Horizons our characters are a lot more taller. Which I have no issue with because I am a tall person in real life I'm about 6 foot 3. I will agree that there should be an option to make our character smaller you know just so it will feel like you're playing the classic AC all over again. Maybe that would be thing in the next AC mainline game in the future. I can see this having potential.

As I'm on the shorter side of a "normal" American height, I probably would still be the same height with this feature (in the middle).

However, it would be funny to be able to switch things up depending on my mood. I can make myself tall to go harass hamster villagers, and then make myself tiny to run circles under bear villagers' feet. Love it!

I would use a height feature, yes. That way I could make my island rep as tall as possible, which is something I also did with my Mii and generally tend to do in games that give you the option to customize your height, lol.

i think it'd definitely be a cute extra feature to have! i don't know that i'd use it because i'm not massively tall irl, plus i love the hamsters and i feel like we tower over them enough already haha. the option would be nice though

no, i wouldn't. i think the current height is just right for someone who's 5'5" or so in real life. i think the player character being as short as the hamsters would just look bizarre considering how they'd have to proportion it. the human models look much better in NL and NH for that reason alone. i wouldn't mind it if "short" was the current height, or slightly smaller, and then there was an option to be as tall as the bears, for example, but i'd hate it if there was an option to basically just squash your character so they looked similarly to the games pre-NL where you have no neck and your spine's been cut in half lol.

no, i wouldn't. i think the current height is just right for someone who's 5'5" or so in real life. i think the player character being as short as the hamsters would just look bizarre considering how they'd have to proportion it. the human models look much better in NL and NH for that reason alone. i wouldn't mind it if "short" was the current height, or slightly smaller, and then there was an option to be as tall as the bears, for example, but i'd hate it if there was an option to basically just squash your character so they looked similarly to the games pre-NL where you have no neck and your spine's been cut in half lol.
Then again I've seen villagers who are small and tall so at least there is more variety in their height. Just saying if people want to make their character small then thats fine there should no issue with that.

Personally....No, I wouldn’t use it. I’ve gotten really accustomed to my character being the height that they are in this game and most of the clothing just looks “right” in my eyes on them. i think shrinking and stretching would also ruin many of the pretty designs i have downloaded for dresses and shirts

Then again I've seen villagers who are small and tall so at least there is more variety in their height. Just saying if people want to make their character small then thats fine there should no issue with that.

that's... not the same thing. humans being hamster sized in this game does not work proportionally at all lmao. you can't say it should be no issue if people want to have their character that small and then take issue with me saying i'd hate it ??? what-

I personally would not use it. I think the proportions would look off if we adjust the human’s height. The villagers and everything else would look so off. Imagine someone who’s six foot going through a door that’s only 5’5”. It wouldn’t work.

Last edited:
I would be okay with just short, default and tall height options. Also body types would be great - slim, default, broad/stout.
I’d like simple body options. Maybe slim, athletic, or bigger build?

I wouldn't be against it, but it's not something I care about too much. I tend to go for just under average or short since I'm on the shorter side myself.

I think it could work if it wasn't a major difference, but I'm not sure if I'd use it since I'm used to their current height.

When screenshots for NL first came out I remember disliking how the new model looked because of how long the arms looked, I called the new humans "octopus like" and wanted them rebalanced but now I'm used to it.

that would be so cute! i have a pretty average height irl though, so i don't think i'd change my height. still, it'd be fun to play with other people of different sizes.
i doubt it would be introduced in new horizons, but maybe in a future animal crossing game. who knows? lots of things were surprising about this game and its features, so there's no knowing what's in store in future games!

Instead of customizing heights, perhaps they give us the option of a "Classic" appearance and a "Modern" appearance. But having something in between would be cool as well. I would probably keep my height the way it is now.

If it was in the game, I'd certainly use it, but I don't necessarily mind not having it. I've never given my character's height much thought, to be honest.

Back