• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

I learned that you can somehow get a blue hyacinth from a red and a yellow? It was raining on my island yesterday and today I saw a blue hyacinth sprout up by a red hyacinth and a yellow hyacinth. I have a screenshot but I don't know how to get it off my switch.

Not today, but things I was surprised to learn:

The Australopith is possibly haunted? It's eyes will glow at night

Animals will always give you a return gift for wrapped foreign fruit

When you send out letters it can take animals two days to respond

If you talk to an animal around their bedtime they wear adorable little pajamas

bamboo plants are counted as trees in your town ranking

Today I learned that you can keep on shaking trees in order to get a bunch of branches. One tree gave me like 9 when I was looking for them.
Hope you get used to that because you're going to be shakin' trees a lot when Fall comes. Pine Cones and Acorns are damn hard to find lol

That there’s definitely more unliked villagers than liked ones. I was island hopping for my 10th villager on my second island and it’s so hard to just land on a decent snooty. It’s hard to balance out personalities in this game.

TIL you can remove furniture in your home while a friend is visiting your island, as long as said friend is not in your house. So if they see something they like, they just leave the house and I can get the item for them to catalogue it.
The opposite is true as well! If your visitor is in a building, you can move stuff outside c:
Edit: It actually might be specific to removing fencing. Must find out lol

Last edited:
i learnt that you can’t gift flowers to your villagers which sucks lol

You can. You need to pick them, don't give them the actual plant. I've been giving Mitzi flowers every day. #TIL ;)
Post automatically merged:

Bridges can be different sizes long. *.* I thought they could only cover 3 tile of water.

Wow, I thought they could only be 4 tiles long. So is 3-4 the correct answer?

Back