• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Do you like your parents' cooking?

Both of my parents were and are amazing cooks. My mom (when she was alive) was one of the best cooks I knew. She knew how to make quite possibly anything mediocre-tasting taste amazing. She also specialized in comfort foods and I'm very thankful for that.

My dad also knows how to cook pretty well and makes some of the best heckin' chili ever. He grills a lot too and a lot of the stuff he makes is very good, also due in large part to my sister and I commenting on his creations when we were younger.

I myself know how to cook a few things, but I honestly just focus on getting things from the store that are easy to make, but still healthy. I don't have a ton of time to experiment and cook with my busy schedule nowadays, so that's what works best for me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to learn more recipes though!

I definitely like my mom’s cooking. She’s good at making yummy Mexican food. Whereas my dad….well, he technically does know how to cook well. However, he enjoys different flavors than I do. He likes seafood, and I hate it.

My dad doesn't cook and relies on my mom to cook. He's a very lazy type who doesn't cooks for himself and just relies on me or mom to cook (which frankly I don't cook). Whenever my mom cooks her food does taste very good, but whenever my dad cooks he does so half way. I know he's getting old and his memory is not as good but seriously.

I love my mom and pop and I'm 40. But they're old school and they love overcooked meat, and that's what they invite me to dinner almost every Sunday.

I should go and visit them, to see them of course, not because I crave dried up roast.

I think I still do but probably not as much as I used to. My dad makes these amazing giant spicy meatballs.. he also makes a really yummy ossobuco... But now that I make my own homecooked meals myself, I realized my parents really do not include enough vegetables in their dinners, if any

I’ve always loved my mom’s cooking, even more so now that I don’t live at home anymore and don’t get the privilege to enjoy it everyday. It’s one of those instances where when you’re in it you don’t really think about what it would be like without it so you kinda take it for granted; where as one of my sister still lives with my mom so she never wants to eat what my mom cooks and rather always eat out all the time instead, but I make sure whenever I visit home to eat her cooking as much as I can. Nothing beats a home cooked meal in my opinion, especially my mom’s cooking.

My mum's a good cook. I don't think my dad cooks much, just enough to get by. I haven't really had anything cooked by either for years though, since I don't live with either of them.

Neither of my parents are very good cooks, but they try their best. I eat it to be polite, but they are not very good at cooking.

My mom is cajun. So yes, I definitely love her cooking!

When my dad was alive, he made some...interesting things. Fried baloney, raw burgers, jalapeno sandwiches (just the jalapenos in the bread, lol...), meatloaf with whole boiled eggs in the middle. 😅 And "butter eggs", which was pretty much just scrambled eggs with a ton of butter.

Much like myself, my mum and dad are average cooks. We never really ate much outside of meat and veges for dinner, and it gets a bit dull after a while. I'm sure if they broadened their tastes they'd make good dishes. I still do like my mums cooking though, I do enjoy it when I'm back home.

Yes! my mom makes some really good dishes! :9 One of my favorites is orzo with spinach, chickpeas, feta, and tomatoes!

I grew up with pretty bland food. I think it was because my Mom is Scottish and learned from her Mom how to cook. I am not saying Scottish food is bad or bland, I am just saying my particular family members didn't know much about spices.

The first time I tried authentic Mexican food, I was blown away. Especially after our special meal growing up was fish, usually halibut, with a little salt, pepper and lemon juice (and all of the tiny fish bones to pick out of your teeth.)

That being said, I will eat my Mom's cooking over anything else I have ever had. Probably because it feels like home.

Yeah. Though I can’t really say no since I probably can’t make anything better than them. 😅

Yes both of my parents are Italian so I love their cooking… They taught me all these recipes when I was little so now I get to make them for my husband :)

My mom is an AMAZING cook! One dish she came up w/ and almost everybody loves is her famous 'Cowboy Beans', a stew of different types of beans, cut up kielbasa, and beef. I can't remember a single person who dislikes them!

Yes. I'll be honest and say I like everyone's cooking to an extent. There might be some really gross cooking out there, but for the most part everyone has been decent enough. Having someone prepare a meal so you don't have to do is very nice. It's probably not something everyone will appreciate until they're out on their own and have to do it. So not having to do that and someone is generous and offers me a meal is very nice.

I also like leftovers for the same reason to.

yes!! my mom has always had me help out in the kitchen so i've grown up cooking & baking recipes my mom shared with me, sometimes they're her own recipes, recipes from her friends and family, or recipes she found online.

my mom just cooks what she's familiar with so that's mostly chinese, laotian, cambodian, and vietnamese dishes 💗

I love my mom’s stir fried noodles and hot turkey sandwiches, but a lot of her food suffers from a lack of salt. She never adds salt to anything unless there’s already some in the sauce.

Back