mistreil's doodles

lets trade skills then
i get the better end of the deal so--
789754158722056202.webp

look at these lies. ily
@Blink. @Mistreil
Both of you are so wholesome, I’m set for life. So much talent up in here!
no u, homie 💙

my brain is really small and im going to be busy for the next days, so i will inevitably forget to post this on february 1st

happy (early) lunar new year 🧧
arlette_lny_small.png

lny decorations are like... almost always super cluttered. the number of effects/brushes here makes sense. shhhh.

watercolour brushes are nice because i can be really fast/messy and it still looks fine. not entirely sure if i want to stick with this or not, though, since i sort of liked the clean illustrations i did before too.
i still also need to try colouring this way without abusing gradient maps. but its so much easier.

a quick doodle
a few friends and i spontaneously decided to play ring fit at the same time. it's fun! but i'm suffering 😩 they're so much stronger than i am. but at least we're keeping each other on track this way, which is nice!
squats.

ring_fit_01.png

had a busy week, so i am regrettably back in my "hey lets start a new wip" mode whenever i get free time. but i wanted to throw this somewhere!
posemaniacs is back alive and i've been using it pretty regularly \o/ so plugging it in case its of help to anyone

i do a lot of adjustments between sketches and lineart, and one of those is... fixing my wonky anatomy. my knowledge of muscles is lacking, and rl refs sort of throw me off too much -- it's hard to tell where muscles start/end and how i should apply that! so i like posemaniacs and their colour-coded models. it helps me figure out what each individual part is ( •̀ ω •́ )✧
normally my issue is "i forgot this one muscle exists/have no idea how it looks when bent like this"

unknown.png

im really bad with muscles/joints so i've been trying to focus on them a bit more. im still not great at seeing where all my mistakes are and fixing it, but slowly getting better (●ˇ∀ˇ●);;

also another thing im going to be working on for a while:
FKy9mlvXwAYVwjG

a background! ive had concepts for the buildings and whatnot for a year or two, but uh.. im bad at drawing structures. my sense of perspective when theres more than a few items is nonexistent (and i should probably use perspective grids more but. brain too small for now.)

and then i realized i can just try to mock up the general/important shapes and lighting in blender and then try to draw from there? painting over it. i have no idea, to be honest. it's a bit overwhelming atm, but i'll probably just take it slowly and figure it out!
(unity would be easier for me but i had already committed at this point.)

i mostly just want a concept piece done so i can commission people who actually have a sense of drawing backgrounds to do better pieces o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

if its not obvious, i'm a "lets try making a bit of progress in a bunch of different aspects instead of focusing on one thing at a time" type of person. attention span whomst

hi

february was uh... busy. i didnt get to draw very much

i did, however, play project zomboid! one very quick doodle i did inspired by it
670cf62f5c19fbc15ae720329ca4497e188cd1aa.png

aaaand i was going to draw for valentines day but i ended up not having a chance to finish until now
09c8494756f5240bdc33f1a89bd9af18fb6062b3.png

still experimenting with lazy ways of colouring. as little time spent shading as possible ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Last edited:
had some twitter mutauls sacrifice their ocs so i could do some quick experimental sketches (~1 hour each)

the experiment was to just sketch and colour in monochrome -> slap gradient maps -> slap a bit of post-processing on and see how it turns out. i generally like it, but my main problem is just that the skin tones all seem dead (as a result of being grayscale while my post-processing adds a bunch of extra colour... so either i simplify the post-processing or i change how i colour skin with this.... hm.)

FNqTZzMXIAMl8XI

FNqrsnpWQAYS-Bp

FNsRVUIX0AM5WYN

FNssVvbUYAELv17

FNwDTDzX0AEDpGI
FNwcNWRX0AAhayz

forcing myself to focus my weekends on getting some art done has been helping, if only to throw out concepts before i forget them

so... concept sketch dump!
more text than usual attached to it because... well. theyre concepts. im in a writing mood.
myag_mell_night.gif

myag_mell_day.gif

i have a city that im constantly try to design (same one as in a previous post) and the general idea is... the buildings/streets/etc. are all porcelain, and theres a ton of flowers. also old chinese architecture, but with a modern/tech like feel to it?

anyways, i realized LED lights would do the trick so i just grabbed a 3d model, stuck flowers and patterns on it, and figured out how animating on csp works. i didn't want to spend more than an hour getting the concept out, but i think it communicates the idea well enough.
i just want to make lots of concept art so i can commission people who actually specialize in backgrounds to draw it for me. my goal is to have these done for may because if i dont make a solid goal for myself, i will never finish.

FOUi2dvWUAQzGSS

on the left is my main oc/persona, mistreil. he's just there for comparison sake

on the right is the main part of this -- a new concept design that i've dubbed mxstreil!
i used to really like bob cuts and i still do, but irl i like having my hair short a lot more now. however i like mistreil's design too much and refuse to change it (especially since i like bob cuts in games more still) and also because short hair looked too strange on him for me.

instead i wanted an older version with short hair. and who should also still be just as androgynous if not more so because i like androgynous styles irl and in games.

the name mxstreil came from the time someone referred to me as mx. mistreil
(it was from a skeb commission -- the artists normally just write mistreil or mistreilさん but this one use mx mistreil as a gender neutral term instead of mr/ms and i just... i loved that so much it made me really happy.)

so then i just slapped it there and he gets to be mxstreil. also so i can call him Mistreil EX and itd still seem reasonable.

mistreil's still my main forever though. im childish and i like small cute things most

im alive _(´。_。`_)__ or i will be in a few weeks, anyways. hopefully.

my half of an art trade with snowifer \o/

at_snowifer_glasses_rescaled.png
at_snowifer_rescaled.png

im pretty sure this is like the 10th time ive drawn water-themed things but listen. i like water.

im alive _(´。_。`_)__ or i will be in a few weeks, anyways. hopefully.

at_snowifer_rescaled.png

im pretty sure this is like the 10th time ive drawn water-themed things but listen. i like water.
IGN will have to rate your water-themed drawings 7.8 out of 10 for having too much water. Lol, I'm just kidding, it looks pretty great!

hello all! i come bearing important news

first and foremost: i have found a new passion. cute is no longer my main artistic interest! instead, i have found a more important calling

FPTWGJuX0AECklW

refined elderly gentlemen!! 💕 i'm still learning the ways of drawing grandpas, but i'll do my best! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

secondly: i have started an NFT collection! more details are available here: https://mistreil.com/tokens.html
i have a lot of ocs, so now that my interests have changed, what better than selling receipts of art of them for money? you too can own a digital receipt!

thank you for your continued support!

at_snowifer_rescaled.png

Your art is so amazing! It is always so breathtaking to look at :). I really love the colors and shading in this one.

cough. i'm alive!
i've been drawing regularly(ish) but i didn't really feel like being super active on socials for a while o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ;;

in february i posted about a background concept and i (finally) finished it!
myag_mell_2_day.png
myag_mell_2_night.png

it was really rough and quickly done, more because i wanted to get the general concept of it out. my spatial sense and sense of perspective is pretty bad (though improving!), and i mostly wanted to get the general idea across so i can commission people that are actually good at backgrounds to... y'know. draw it properly. (  ̄▽ ̄);;

and uh... have some chibis!
FVPnsIoWIAAvid_

i've been making reference pages for my ocs, and i need a directory with all of them... so i'm currently drawing a bunch of chibis for that. tiny, messy chibis.

anyways! happy summer! happy pride!!! i'll try to be more active though who knows for how long. im on a break from work for a while, so i have energy again. teehee. (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

if it wasn't obvious... i've been busy lately! work and fair preparation means less time to draw (;´д`)ゞ

it was shown in the prizes for the fair, but a mockup of a standee i made!
standee_mockup.png
i'm still learning how to use blender but... it was enough to make a fake standee. and then put it in lighting that makes it look slightly more realistic (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

and then... dumping some art down since i keep forgetting to share here /o/
chibis of ocs since... i had the goal of creating a directory for them all and needed art for it
FVUrY5yXsAIlsLi

FVpHcU8WIAM-pRf

FV-bWfvXkAw5jD_

some commissions!

3939c421-de04-4eae-b90b-76e1ef2e03fc_commission_worthyx_watermarked.png

ef2707a7-bba7-4d50-94d2-3d306942179f_commission_probablysakura_twitter.png

ffxiv art -- i am still a baby and barely progressing in msq. i... im on my third attempt of trying to get into it/play it. mostly for my friends and sister. but my wol is beautiful.

FWs4N0GWYAINaXr

FXU7P7lWQAEkLyF

if it wasn't obvious... i've been busy lately! work and fair preparation means less time to draw (;´д`)ゞ

it was shown in the prizes for the fair, but a mockup of a standee i made!
i'm still learning how to use blender but... it was enough to make a fake standee. and then put it in lighting that makes it look slightly more realistic (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

and then... dumping some art down since i keep forgetting to share here /o/
chibis of ocs since... i had the goal of creating a directory for them all and needed art for it
FVUrY5yXsAIlsLi

FVpHcU8WIAM-pRf

FV-bWfvXkAw5jD_

some commissions!

3939c421-de04-4eae-b90b-76e1ef2e03fc_commission_worthyx_watermarked.png

ef2707a7-bba7-4d50-94d2-3d306942179f_commission_probablysakura_twitter.png

ffxiv art -- i am still a baby and barely progressing in msq. i... im on my third attempt of trying to get into it/play it. mostly for my friends and sister. but my wol is beautiful.

FWs4N0GWYAINaXr

FXU7P7lWQAEkLyF
the standee is adorable and i love it🥺

threw together a pfp for the fair (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
when you look at the full sized version you get to see just how messy my colouring was for it. but if it works it works

tbt_fair_avi.png

and da sig
tbt_fair_sig.png

Last edited:
Back