• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in our Discord server as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 to win points for your team!

need some good game ideas for my swotch lite

saucySheep

I've frikin' LEFT the forum :D bye!! won't miss ya
Bells
Tasty Cake
Vesta
Yellow Star Fragment
Vesta
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
sooo, finally ordered my switch lite and i'm pretty hype,,,,,
of course i'm gonna get ACNH on it, but idk what other games i should get. i have a few in mind, but i want a lot of games to choose from so hopefully acnh won't be like the only game i play (which is sorta how it is now heh)

games i'm gonna get:
acnh
botw (it might suck, but i have extra joycons so the parts of it that might need motion controls should be ok)
link's awakening (maybe...)
Hollow knight

any other games i should get? and no, i'm not into stuff like assassin's creed btw (plus, i doubt my mom would let me download that, tbh)

ALSO, i was wondering if Link's Awakening is any good on the switch? We actually have the 1st edition of it on gameboy, so i mean, i could just play it and not spend another 60 bucks for the exact same thing with some graphics updates.... seems like an adorable game but if it's just the same as the gameboy version, i might pass on it lol

Stardew Valley is a MUST HAVE. It’s on the cheaper side if I’m remembering correctly and it’s packed with content (and constantly updated. Minecraft, Mario Kart 8 and Pokémon Sword/Shield are also pretty good picks.

Stardew Valley is a MUST HAVE. It’s on the cheaper side if I’m remembering correctly and it’s packed with content (and constantly updated. Minecraft, Mario Kart 8 and Pokémon Sword/Shield are also pretty good picks.
stardew valley is a neat game i've heard :) i also really like minecraft tho i haven't played it much recently.... ( i have it on pc)
i'm not a huge fan of mario games ;-; i just don't see the appeal. they all look the same ... prob won't buy that tbh
as for pokemon, it's cute, but i've never been into the series either,,,,,,, though i have played a bit of let's go evee and that was super fun :) i might try swsh if and when pokemon starts to intrigue me more

thx bro

The Mummy Demastered. I've recently played it and absolutely love it. It's a metroidvania game with a little elements of dark souls.The soundtack is so dope as well! It's not a perfect game by any means but it's great. I'd wait till it goes on offer before buying. I also wouldn't know how it'd play on the switch lite depad as it's different to the regular switch which I used. It's not an easy game but I wouldn't say it's super difficult either.

I've put links to the trailer and soundtrack below if you're interested.

The Mummy Demastered Trailer

The Mummy Demastered Soundtrack

The Mummy Demastered. I've recently played it and absolutely love it. It's a metroidvania game with a little elements of dark souls.The soundtack is so dope as well! It's not a perfect game by any means but it's great. I'd wait till it goes on offer before buying. I also wouldn't know how it'd play on the switch lite depad as it's different to the regular switch which I used. It's not an easy game but I wouldn't say it's super difficult either.

I've put links to the trailer and soundtrack below if you're interested.

The Mummy Demastered Trailer

The Mummy Demastered Soundtrack
thanks! i'll look into that on the nintendo eshop :) it looks really cool tbh lol

and i honestly don't think the d-pad will be too difficult. i'm actually really excited to even have a normal d-pad, i find the regular switch left-buttons to be annoying : P and ofc i have extra joycons i can always use if need be

Doesn't the Switch Lite have Motion Controls for BotW? The only thing the Switch Lite is missing in terms of control features is the HD Rumble and the IR Camera, so extra Joy-Cons for BotW shouldn't be necessary.

Doesn't the Switch Lite have Motion Controls for BotW? The only thing the Switch Lite is missing in terms of control features is the HD Rumble and the IR Camera, so extra Joy-Cons for BotW shouldn't be necessary.
I honestly have no idea ;-; I know that the Switch Lite doesn't have built-in motion controls as a regular feature the very least. It'd surprise me if BOTW was a special case where the Lite allowed motion controls... I mean that'd be cool... I guess I'll have to find out, lol. I've only ever played BOTW on a regular switch.
If there are, in fact, no motion controls for BOTW on the Lite, I have no problem using the Joy-Cons because I've heard that some parts of BOTW are absolutely hellish w/o motion controls....

I honestly have no idea ;-; I know that the Switch Lite doesn't have built-in motion controls as a regular feature the very least. It'd surprise me if BOTW was a special case where the Lite allowed motion controls... I mean that'd be cool... I guess I'll have to find out, lol. I've only ever played BOTW on a regular switch.
If there are, in fact, no motion controls for BOTW on the Lite, I have no problem using the Joy-Cons because I've heard that some parts of BOTW are absolutely hellish w/o motion controls....
Hmm...I’ve never been the biggest fan of motion controls so wherever I can they go off. My least favorite parts of the game are where you’re forced to use them (like in certain shrines).

Hmm...I’ve never been the biggest fan of motion controls so wherever I can they go off. My least favorite parts of the game are where you’re forced to use them (like in certain shrines).
The motion controls are actually pretty helpful in some cases, unless they decide to be glitchy and crappy, which is possible if your joycons are screwed up

The motion controls are actually pretty helpful in some cases, unless they decide to be glitchy and crappy, which is possible if your joycons are screwed up
Are you talking about like with aiming your bow? I found that motion controls were NEVER a help to me, even with a brand new set of controllers...it just feels janky to me compared to using a joystick. To each their own, tho

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 6.58.13 PM.png

Here's a Youtube video of someone using the Switch Lite with Motion Controls

Also if you check reddit, there's a page I saw that said gyro controls are indeed in the Switch Lite. Keep in mind that the 3DS had gyro controls; it would be asinine for Nintendo to remove on more superior hardware.

View attachment 329547
Here's a Youtube video of someone using the Switch Lite with Motion Controls

Also if you check reddit, there's a page I saw that said gyro controls are indeed in the Switch Lite. Keep in mind that the 3DS had gyro controls; it would be asinine for Nintendo to remove on more superior hardware.
ahh thanks bro
are the gyro controls something that's only there if there's also motion controls? i've never heard of gyro controls before ;-; lol

ahh thanks bro
are the gyro controls something that's only there if there's also motion controls? i've never heard of gyro controls before ;-; lol
They’re basically the same thing from my understanding; OoT 3D had em (it went off in my play through cuz it was a bother to me tho)

ahh thanks bro
No worries! Just wanted to make sure you were aware so you didn't feel like you had to full out a separate pair of Joy-Cons and hinder an amazing experience with BotW.

ALSO, I realized I never even answered your question (so sorry about that)! I have plenty of Switch games, so I'll share the ones I really liked (I mean I liked them all, but here are some notable ones).

-Zelda BotW: an obvious one. Amazing. 10/10 in my opinion. My favourite game of all time.
-ACNH obviously but you got that covered.
-Dragon Quest 11: I'm only 30 hours in, but it's a marvellous game. I heard it has lots of content, and a lengthy story!
-Pokemon Shield: This one is a maybe; without the paid DLC, it's a letdown. I think you really need the extra content to make this a full worthwhile game. Haven't finished Isle of Armour and didn't get to try the Crown Tundra, but everyone is saying the the CT is pretty good :) If you want to try Pokemon, go for it!
-Pokemon Let's Go: While having less content than Sword/Shield, this one was WAY more polished graphically. Very easy, but it's Pokemon, so it's very fun anyway.
-I would say Smash Bros., but that's better if you have friends. Even with online, I fell out of it. I only really play with friends.
-I know you said you weren't fond of Mario games, but if you want a racing game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best thing you'll got on Switch, hands down. Probably my favourite in the franchise.
-I also highly recommend Skyrim if you haven't played it on PC or other consoles, simply because of how much you can do in such a vast and detailed world. But it is violent, so if you don't like blood in your games, maybe stay clear of this one.

No worries! Just wanted to make sure you were aware so you didn't feel like you had to full out a separate pair of Joy-Cons and hinder an amazing experience with BotW.

ALSO, I realized I never even answered your question (so sorry about that)! I have plenty of Switch games, so I'll share the ones I really liked (I mean I liked them all, but here are some notable ones).

-Zelda BotW: an obvious one. Amazing. 10/10 in my opinion. My favourite game of all time.
-ACNH obviously but you got that covered.
-Dragon Quest 11: I'm only 30 hours in, but it's a marvellous game. I heard it has lots of content, and a lengthy story!
-Pokemon Shield: This one is a maybe; without the paid DLC, it's a letdown. I think you really need the extra content to make this a full worthwhile game. Haven't finished Isle of Armour and didn't get to try the Crown Tundra, but everyone is saying the the CT is pretty good :) If you want to try Pokemon, go for it!
-Pokemon Let's Go: While having less content than Sword/Shield, this one was WAY more polished graphically. Very easy, but it's Pokemon, so it's very fun anyway.
-I would say Smash Bros., but that's better if you have friends. Even with online, I fell out of it. I only really play with friends.
-I know you said you weren't fond of Mario games, but if you want a racing game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best thing you'll got on Switch, hands down. Probably my favourite in the franchise.
-I also highly recommend Skyrim if you haven't played it on PC or other consoles, simply because of how much you can do in such a vast and detailed world. But it is violent, so if you don't like blood in your games, maybe stay clear of this one.
oh thanks for the suggestions <3 i actually already have the DQ 11 game card i'm ab 40 hours in. it's an amazing game and i'm def putting it into my switch lite (even if i haven't beat my old save file... and had it for 7 months... rip)

i also already have the smash bros and mario kart game gard, tbh i hardly play them though they're both really good games
not really into pokemon much either but i've played some let's go evee and it was so cute and adorable :eek: i don't really know much ab swsh to want to buy it but i've heard some weird controversies about it lol

oh thanks for the suggestions <3 i actually already have the DQ 11 game card i'm ab 40 hours in. it's an amazing game and i'm def putting it into my switch lite (even if i haven't beat my old save file... and had it for 7 months... rip)

i also already have the smash bros and mario kart game gard, tbh i hardly play them though they're both really good games
not really into pokemon much either but i've played some let's go evee and it was so cute and adorable :eek: i don't really know much ab swsh to want to buy it but i've heard some weird controversies about it lol
Honestly if you HAVEN’T played previous games the biggest controversies don’t matter as much. I don’t think it’s an awful game but it is a bit weaker than the previous generation. If you don’t have anything else that you’re interested in I would suggest trying it out.

Oh don't worry about DQ11, I had it for a year and then I got Pokemon and put it aside... Then I got ACNH and still never got back into it. Now I'm playing it again and I find I love it even more :) Also as @Your Local Wild Child said, you'll probably like Pokemon if you haven't played many of the previous ones. On their own the games are just fine.

Last edited:
Do agreed to not spend 60$ on link's awakening. The game is the same only has link between worlds style.
Ideas l have that will suit your style of games.
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Luigi's Mansion 3
Hollow Knight
Shovel Knight
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Monster Hunter GU is good, but not so much of a relaxing game. So l would say no to that one for now.
Splatoon 2(fun without drift problems)
Rocket League(game is free)
I have more ideas but for now l'I'm reccomend those games

Back