• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Post Your Town Map

I recently made a new town called Senlin and took the least disastrous map I could find. Of course Tammy decided to move in right next to me, as well as Poppy and Rodney who ended up right in front of the town hall - at least Senlin has peaches as its town fruit, so I guess that‘s good?

http://imgur.com/wvyYYJJ

Last edited:
My first town since 2013. I’ve wanted to reset it badly but can never bring myself to.

What I like:
- Oranges
- Circle grass
- Retail is close to the dock
- New campsite miracle spawned next to my built campsite
- mini backyard behind mayors house and the waterfall next to it
- Tree in front of town hall

What I don’t like:
- the biggest thing that bugs me - only one pond! :( and the placement bugs me. I really love the unique sound and look of ponds.
- no private beach
- police station and cafe placement

28301F09-976E-4B65-B7EE-D91927051F13.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

I recently made a new town called Senlin and took the least disastrous map I could find. Of course Tammy decided to move in right next to me, as well as Poppy and Rodney who ended up right in front of the town hall - at least Senlin has peaches as its town fruit, so I guess that‘s good?

http://imgur.com/wvyYYJJ

Love all the ponds and how the town tree is centered, also love how your house is on the cliff that overlooks the ocean :)

Last edited:
town name: Otona
native fruit: peaches
villagers: pietro, shep, gladys, puck, deirdre, benjamin, freckles, chief, del, and bam

pros: i like the secluded plaza and how some houses line up perfectly with my paths from the bridges
cons: i really don't like some rock and pond placements, but i work around them

i've had this town since late 2017 and have started doing more work on it lately!

0629191901_2.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of my town map and I don't have a camera, So I drew it in one of my paint programs instead. :D Too bad it's a little stretched. :(

MY TOWN map.jpg

I couldn't find a picture of my town map and I don't have a camera, So I drew it in one of my paint programs instead. :D Too bad it's a little stretched. :(

View attachment 226686

That looks super nice for a simple image editor creation! :) I also love the layout a ton, it reminds me of my town map in a lot of ways.

ACNL - Junkton

Main Town: Junkton
Mayor: rustfour
Fruit: Peaches
Villagers: Sly, Ava, Bunnie, Joey, Gruff, Mira, Becky, Erik, Marcie, Pompom

Favorite Villager: Bunnie

Ava, Becky, and possibly Pompom are (hopefully) on their way out to make room for others.

DptCQ1k.jpg

Hey there everyone, new to the forum and decided to get my feet wet by sharing my town here. This is Knothole.

tumblr_pv4p4hYWuR1r6s0hco2_r1_500.jpg

I really love that all of my important buildings are in a row, and that the plaza is just below them too. It gives me a slight OCD tick though that the pond below the coffee shop was juuuust a tad too close and forced it back a tile, so it's not exactly aligned with the others.

I think if I could change anything I might've picked a better spot for my house. I liked it at the time but for some reason my neighbors keep clustering in around me and it's awfully claustrophobic. I'm seriously thinking I might add some small public works projects around me as they move just to stop anyone else from getting so close!

Attachments

• tumblr_pv4p4hYWuR1r6s0hco2_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_pv4p4hYWuR1r6s0hco2_r1_500.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 135
Is this a good layout for a realistic city?

Attachments

• 9AAE8BDE-33BE-41FD-A4C5-EA840723057B.jpg
    9AAE8BDE-33BE-41FD-A4C5-EA840723057B.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 380
I tried posting in this thread when I first joined, but it said that my post needed to be moderated, and people have posted here since then and mine has never appeared? So I decided to try again, and if this is against the rules then I apologize.

Anyway, this is my town:
ACtown2.jpg

One thing I've always really liked about my town is that my permanent buildings are all in a row together in the top left (although I'm slightly annoyed at that pond, as it forced the coffee shop to be one tile higher than the others). I used to be happy with the placement of my house, but nowadays I wish I could move it, because apparently my villagers all like plunking their houses down REALLY close to mine. I'm in the process of planning PWPs and laying down patterns to deter them in the future.

My town! I reset about a year ago and can't remember my old one, but I definitely prefer this one

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000WhatsApp Image 2019-08-11 at 16.50.26.jpg

Pros:
~ I personally like having my main features spaced out pretty evenly, but having areas that are still empty as space for trees or potential pwps
~ I don't know why, but I seem to have had a run of good luck with where my villagers place their houses, and as I often have mine moving in or out, I quite like the cleared spaces they leave, as in my old town I filled it with trees and it was hard to get around
~ I love that I have a wide and short beach, and then a looooooong and slightly thinner beach
~ I like the top of my river being wide as it makes fishing actually a bit easier

Cons:
~ The bit above the top of my river is just really weird, as the cliff face sort of pokes out into it, so it's hard to actually see that back corner
~ All of my ponds are the most awkward tiny shapes so it's damn near impossible to fish in them
~ Spacing out my bridges evenly as possible looks fine on the map, and without the bottom one it can be easy to feel like you're running around loads, but with the bottom one it feels unnecessary
~ The two corners on the left side created by my river... I constantly mistake them for each other and get serious deja vu while weed hunting
~ My Re-tail.. It has a single block gap between the cliff face and itself. Not like 2 or 3 and so it's wide enough to look down even when you're in it, not no space so weeds wont grow there.. no, a single space.

Here's how my map currently looks like

Pros:
- Area around Plaza and Re-Tail is the most charming area in my town because i put paths around Plaza and there's The Roost and bunch of flowers too
- Villager's houses, bridges, and other facilities are spread quite evenly, so there's nothing too empty or too crowded in certain areas
- I placed my house somewhere at the center of the Map so whether i'm at the edge of my town, it takes the same time to get to my house or vice versa, and it's also near the river so i can quickly catch some river fish
- There's no separate seaside so i can just walk around it without traversing to the land first (I know there's a little one near the red bridge but it's pretty much nothing but only seashells

Cons:
- There are several areas in my town that are too narrow to place something else like PWP. Yes, i'm talking about the left and top side of my town
- Although it's not really much of a problem, but my river has too many turns
- My paths also have too many weird turns because the map layout, so there's a little chance i run over my flowers and destroyed them
- My map layout works best if it has at least 4 bridges, but since i'm only allowed to put three so....

Last edited:
kXlkfWL.jpg

this is my town map! i'm not entirely happy with it and i have oranges as my town fruit (i'm trying to replace them all with peaches tho) but it's alright. i'll pay off the third bridge today which will be above my event plaza

pros;
- the villager houses! they took me 7 (!!!) hours
- i like my two beaches and the upper part of my town
- the place around my house is really cool
- my house it at the perfect place
- i already have planned everything
- i like my wild forest + campsite on the upper right part of lilalia

cons;
- down by that bridge is it really narrow so i can't build anything there
- oranges as town fruit
- only three ponds (one of them super small
- retail isn't even in the near of the beach

Last edited:
Town Name: Mist
Mayor: Ellie
Town Fruit: Pears
Grass: Circles
Villagers: Cesar, Al, Peewee, Rocket, Boone, Hans, Violet, Tammi, Nana, Moose
Theme/story: Ellie is an archaeologist who discovered a secret city of apes while investigating ruins of a lost gorilla civilization

48724787693_55931372de_c.jpg

Things I love:

I got the exact fruit and grass that I wanted.
Town Hall, the Plaza, and The Roost fit together so that placing a park in front of The Roost makes a nice town square
Love having Booker and the police station tucked away on that narrow, peaceful stretch above the river.
Have lots of space to build amenities around my campsite
Have a long stretch up the peninsula to my house to make an impressive tree lined walk
Beautiful, twisty river
Diagonal bridges ftw!
Love the front facing waterfall and having a bridge over the top of the falls
Two ponds is a good number
Enough space for big PWPs that fit my theme (once everything finally gets suggested)
Found enough space for a lighthouse on the cliff near the front waterfall
My villagers picked some pretty nice spots

Cons:

A couple inconvenient rocks

Neutral:
Re-Tail is a long ways from the dock, but there's an easy L-shaped path to it

kXlkfWL.jpg

this is my town map! i'm not entirely happy with it and i have oranges as my town fruit (i'm trying to replace them all with peaches tho) but it's alright. i'll pay off the third bridge today which will be above my event plaza

pros;
- the villager houses! they took me 7 (!!!) hours
- i like my two beaches and the upper part of my town
- the place around my house is really cool
- my house it at the perfect place
- i already have planned everything
- i like my wild forest + campsite on the upper right part of lilalia

cons;
- down by that bridge is it really narrow so i can't build anything there
- oranges as town fruit
- only three ponds (one of them super small
- retail isn't even in the near of the beach

I LOVE this layout! I have one similar for my second town. I was really trying to get a layout similar but with the plaza in the little island like yours... but I was too scared I would never find it XD The villager houses all together like that looks so nice :>

here's mine
20190918-162940-1.jpg

Took me about an hour of resetting to finally settle on this one.

Cons:
-Peaches aren't my native fruit :(
-unexpected move ins refusing to plot their home in the open areas I leave for them

Pros:
-I like the layout :)

Last edited:
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump because I like seeing these.

Edit: Forgot it was a sticker but the Bumpity still stands.

Last edited:
Back