• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

What Are You Happy About Today?

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
IMG_7701.png

✉︎ My friend/ex bf and I have been having a long overdue and much-needed conversation over the past couple days. I finally told him how I feel and how I’ve been hurting, and he told me how he’s been feeling as well. I’m so tired and so emotionally and mentally drained, but I feel better and more hopeful. We both have a better idea of what we need from each other and what we need to work on, both together and individually, and we’re both willing to put the effort in to try and work through this. It’ll be hard, and change won’t happen overnight, but I’m optimistic. I’m so grateful we were able to have this conversation, and that we were able to hear each other out and validate each other. I’m hopeful that this will lead to better communication between us (on both sides) and an overall healthier and honest relationship.

I’m so very grateful to all of my friends for listening to me vent, supporting me, trying to cheer me up and offering me advice over the past week. I’m so blessed to have such incredible people in my life. 🥹

✉︎ I helped my parents make dinner yesterday! We had delicious chicken stir-fry, and I washed and chopped up the veggies for it! Bonk kept me company in the kitchen while I did this, which made me so happy! I love how she follows me around hehe

✉︎ My mom took some pics of Bonk enjoying the early morning sunlight yesterday! She is so pretty and silly, I love her! 🥹🖤
IMG_7695.jpeg
IMG_7697.jpeg
IMG_7698.jpeg

✉︎ Little Kitty, Big City came out yesterday! I’ve been looking forward to this game for months, so I’m excited that it’s finally out! I decided to wait until reviews were out before deciding for sure whether to get it or not, and so far the reviews are pretty positive! The camera controls and platforming don’t seem to be the greatest, which concerns me a bit, but overall it sounds like it’s a cute and cozy game! I might wait until it goes on sale or something to get it, just because I don’t really want to spend $31.49 + tax on a game that might end up frustrating me a little. I’ll definitely be getting it for sure eventually, though!

✉︎ I’m seeing Melanie Martinez live in just less than a month !! 30 days, to be exact! My mom told me that time would fly and it’d be June before I know it when she got me the tickets, and man was she right… I can’t believe how fast this year is going by, but I’m so excited to finally see one of my favourite artists live! I’m very anxious, but so so happy and excited !!

✉︎ I met my 3rd DLC bear in Cozy Grove today; Ben Hiberneczek, who looks like a cat !! I can’t believe I only have 2 bears left to meet now, but I’m looking forward to getting to know Ben! This did mean that I had to say goodbye to Bruin, who I reached 5 hearts with the other day, since Ben took his spot. It always makes me sad to have to say goodbye to a bear as I’ve honestly grown attached to all of them, but Bruin completely passing over is the best ending for him. I’m happy he let me hug him for the first time before he left, at least. 🥹

I also caught 5 new fishes and found all 5 Angler’s Lament Fragments and was able to craft the Angler’s Lament for the first time!
IMG_7702.jpeg
IMG_7703.jpeg
IMG_7704.jpeg
IMG_7705.jpeg
IMG_7706.jpeg
IMG_7707.jpeg
IMG_7708.jpeg
IMG_7709.jpeg
IMG_7710.jpeg

✉︎ I’ve been having fun playing around with my lineup the past couple days, and really love the one I have right now! I’ve mostly been playing around to see if my more recent ideas look as good in my sidebar as they do in my Google Doc, but changing my lineup in general always makes me so happy. ☺️

I went to a dollar store to buy myself some chips. While I was at it, I was looking at you guessed it, Hotwheels lol. This is one of the greatest finds I’ve ever had despite having a few opportunities to buy it in the past (they were a little too expensive to justify a purchase in other stores). In fact, this is something that @/Xara and @/LadyDestani must know! You two might already know what it is lol.
1956 Chevrolet Corvette C1 that was featured in the Barbie Movie! And because of this purchase, this makes the first car in my collection after almost two years of starting my Hotwheels journey to have a pink colour scheme!
View attachment 559198
omg what a great find !! I had no idea there was a Hotwheels version of the Barbie Chevrolet Corvette… finding it at the dollar store is such good luck! perhaps I need to check out all the dollar stores in my area now… 👀 thank you for sharing!!

I’m really sorry that you’ve been struggling. I hope things get better for you soon. Sending you love 💜

IT'S THE WEEKEND AND SCOTLAND IS SUNNY! can't get better than that!!!!!

had a really good day at the office and allowed myself to finish a little earlier than normal bc it's what i deserve, i then went shopping and picked up some rly cute bits and bobs for summer !

gonna go back to my parents tmrw for a bbq and a few beers , happy happy

ALSO I MENTIONED ON HERE HOW MY DAD GOT SCAMMED OUT OF £2K AND HE ACTUALLY GOT IT BACK , well he ended up giving it to me and my siblings lol , so that was rly nice and i'm gonna buy some cute jewellery w it (and put some in my savings!)

My mom is doing well today, and isn’t in any pain! She's pretty uncomfortable right now but my dad and I have been helping her.

I worked on some art for a little while!

Also caught up on a few more days in ACNH! I’ve gotten Niko all the materials he needs for the counter/pillar DIYs, and unlocked roommates and soundscapes! Although I’m increasingly convinced that my orange hyacinths are all duds (and I didn't realize you couldn't grow purple hyacinths from oranges bred from other oranges, so they're all mixed up now agh), so I’m in the process of starting over from red/yellow seed hyacinths ;w; Purple hyacinth pls come home 🙏🪻

My family and I watched a few Youtube videos, including another episode of GoodTimesWithScar’s current Hermitcraft series!

Today wasn’t a good day but there were a few things that made me happy 🙂.

Earlier, I woke up and both of my kitties were on my bed, not just Jewels. Spanky was in her ramen basket ☺️.I got some nice snuggles from Jewels; I think she fell asleep for a few minutes at least while she was snuggling with me 🥰.

My friend seemed to like my design and understood the ideas I was trying to go for in it (I was a bit worried about that and making him uncomfortable) and said it’d be fine to share 🙂; just need to tweak it first to make it look better. The exterior I’m very happy with; I just can’t help thinking I need to put another oarfish down or something else in the little water area that I made 🤔.

I got a few more variations of items as well as some clothes that I didn’t have today in ACNH. I’m slowly working my way through the database and updating my lists to keep track of what I have.

I was able to start gifting Lopez wrapped fruits today! Also, Katrina said my friendship is maxed with Megan so hopefully I get her picture soon so I can move her out and then focus more on Cephalobot 🙂; he has been maxed for a long time but I still haven’t gotten his picture.

I hope everyone had a great day today ☺️

I saw a rainbow today! I've also seen a few different mated pairs of birds gathering food together, plus I had my second sighting of the new baby groundhog. That means it's time to give her a name. She will henceforth be known as Vivi.

My belly binder arrived and it fits perfectly with room to expand or cinch tighter based on my needs. The quality seems good too, so I hope it will help me when the time comes.

I played some Tetris 99 for the first time in a while because they have a new theme based on Endless Ocean: Luminous. I didn't even know about the Endless Ocean game until today, but it looks so beautiful and peaceful. I love the idea of diving, exploring, and cataloguing a huge variety of sea life. I might have to consider buying the game in the future. But for now, I'm really happy to have unlocked the theme in Tetris.

I've also been reading again at night. I'm very close to finishing the third book in the Wheel of Time series. I hadn't realized how much I missed reading until I started back again. I feel so much more connected to the story and the characters than I do when I'm watching a series or movie. I need to make a point of not letting life keep me from my favorite hobby.

Finally, I've very happy that it's Friday! I get to sleep and relax this weekend!

I'm glad that I'm all caught up in events with Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail for now. There's also several new episodes of anime I'm looking forward to this weekend including the second episode of MHA season 7 and the premiere of Demon Slayer's fourth season! Also glad I'll finally be able to sleep in tonight. 💤

My day hasn’t ended (since I haven’t gone to bed yet), but so far it is “ending” on a much better note (minus my switch battery not charging my switch).

I just ordered my early birthday gifts :D. I ordered the Animal Crossing switch, the Joker amiibo that I was kicking myself for missing when it was released, a small fry amiibo , and a set of inkling amiibos. Also, I got a storage case, Splatoon 3 pro controller, and charging station :D. This is going to be the best birthday ever 🥳. My birthday is not until a little over two weeks but my mom said it was fine to order the stuff now 🙂. My switch will be coming by Monday :D. My fingers are crossed the charger will work on my switch lite 🤞. I’m still anxious about it but this eases some of it a little 🙂.

Jewels is also making me happy, showing me her cute beans 🐾☺️.

E4DE7533-44C9-4501-BCD2-161BEA595A66.jpeg

Will probably have more to post later 🙂. Have a wonderful day everyone! ☺️

Absolutely exhausted and about to sleep right now but today has been really nice.

Today was the wedding of someone close to me. I got ready with the bride, my siblings and their family together in the morning. The hair and makeup lady were very friendly and because we had plenty of time it was very chill. I did my own makeup and hair and I was happy with how it turned out considering I only do makeup like twice a year!

But the wedding itself was really nice. Overall I’m very happy for the two of them and the wedding was very beautiful. The food was lovely, the vows and speeches were for the most part, nice, and they looked very happy together. I spent half the time outside talking to people since it was very loud inside.

My little brother was wrangled into the best man’s speech, he was mean to chuck the excess bits of paper away as a joke, but me and my partner dared him to straight up shove it into his mouth when he was handed it. And he did. He chewed for so long. He shoved in another one. More chewing 😭 I was dying. He got the $5 I had in my phone when he came to sit back down. My partner also promised him another $5 next time they see each other.

My partner and I were quite worried they’d be okay during the wedding due to some personal stuff, but it turned out really well, and I was a lot of fun! I stole their jacket for half the night though as I forgot my shawl. Really happy and proud of them. My little brother also said something to my partner when he pulled him aside which was very sweet. I can’t really give details but I didn’t expect it and I really appreciated the intention.

I hope you all have had a lovely day 💚

Only did two hours at work today, wasn't as bad for me, not as busy.
Afterwards, got me and my mum ice cream at my job, she has raspberry, I had passionfruit (Didn't know they did passion fruit ice cream, I am now in love~)
We went to a park to have a nice picnic, which we haven't done in yearrrsss. It was really nice and sunny, more breezy then other days when it was hot, so this was bearable (I still got burnt...)

Crow/s came by and we fed them, and they either flew off to their nest, or funnily and smartly hid their food in the grass, even grabbing some bits of grass to cover the food, it was such a neat thing to see. Walked home.

Was a really nice day~
Feel more better about my course I gotta do after a nice day like today~

Here's a short summary of what happened this week:

5/8/24:
- I had a great breakfast.
- Went for a walk outside and saw a cute kitty that started purring when I petted its head. The cat started following me towards the playground and was so insanely adorable. I even saw a cat that has heterochromia iridium like Raymond.
Cat Picture 1.jpg
Cat Picture 3.jpg
Cat Picture 2.jpg

What happened yesterday:
- I ate some Turkish food that tasted delicious, especially the kebab.
- Admired the artworks from a livestream video on YT. I was impressed by the printmaking techniques that the artists demonstrated since some of them have never tried this before and had stunning results. I remember I did a bit of printmaking back in high school on a linoleum block for an art class and they inspired me to try this again.

What happened today:
- I worked out at the gym and built some muscle 💪 I could even see my veins showing more prominently on my arms omg. Glad that I'm getting results. The kettlebell exercises definitely contributed and so did the dumbbells, albeit that I cannot lift weights more than 7.5 pounds.
- Finished reading a book.
- Went for a walk outside.
- Spent time with my villagers in AC: New Horizons and I'm glad that Rooney moved in cuz he's my favorite kangaroo villager 🦘

Today's been great! 😁

- I got to sleep in, which was much needed. 💤

- I've pretty much finished my PC games for now, so I plan on playing my Pokemon Violet DLC Red team challenge more. I've been making good progress on it, and Pokemon: Ultimate Journeys as well! 🎮 📺

- @Foreverfox The Dallas MAVERICKS just defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 105-101 and have taken a 2-1 series lead!! Luka, Kyrie, and the supporting cast are shining throughout the playoffs so far! 🏀 🔥 🥳

- I found some big sun flower plants at the store. I got one for my mom and one for my partners mom for mothers day. They will need to be repotted and hopefully they can grow into big sun flower plants

- my mom gave me a bit of money as a thank you for helping her get to all her appointments. Me and my partner did a big grocery shop and I got a few new clothes for summer

- all the cats are staying healthy and we have had no issues lately thank God. I got my 2 cats Lydia and Finnick but then the 2 neighbourhood cats Beef and Juice also sleep over at my place every night so I got a full house.

Beef:
1000000183.jpg

Juice, who I also call "je suis" which makes absolutely no sense but it kinda sorta sounds like Juice if you slur your letters
1000000184.jpg

today is a pretty good day, even this week alone, i have a lot to look forward to
yesterday was one of my bestest friends birthdays
today i got TWO characters in a game ive been playing that ive been wanting for a long while
tomorrow is my mums birthday, not to mention mothers day
the day after is me and my boyfriends 15 month [ i think? im not the best at keeping track of dates lol ] anniversary
then the next day after that one is also something extremely special
and all in all im actually catching up in school work so i hope the good stuff keeps up c:

Back