What are you reading?

Diary of a Void by Emi Yagi, before that I read lots of novels by Banana Yoshimoto, my favorite being Kitchen.

Finished Morning Star, 3.5 stars. There are more books in the series but I don't think I'll be reading them as I'm finding them a little boring/repetitive now. Now to decide which book to read next... I'm thinking maybe Dune or LOTR but also I fancy reading a non-fic

I'm thinking maybe Dune or LOTR but also I fancy reading a non-fic
Both are great books! But they can be heavy reads. I do hope you enjoy them if you decide on one series or the other! (I do suggest reading all three LOTR books, but personally, only the first in the Dune series is worth reading in my opinion.)

I’m reading Bookshops and Bonedust by Travis Baldree. It lives up to its gorgeous cover. The book has snappy writing and likable characters. Some people have criticized it for not having the deepest world building, but I’m fine with that since the book is meant to be accessible and it allows for more time to focus on the characters.

I'm currently reading The House of Hades, and I'm about halfway through. It took some time to get through The Lost Hero and The Son of Neptune, but I sped through The Mark of Athena, and now I'm here. To put things simply... these books have given me SO MUCH emotional damage, but I love them anyway.

Right now, I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I'm around chapter... 25 I think? It's a great book, but I think some parts might be a bit inappropriate to talk about on TBT.

There was this book we just finished reading in school that’s the first of a two parter called Persepolis. It was a pretty good book that sheds light on the Iranian Revolution. We’re going to read the next book next year, but it would be so much better if we read both books this year and also didn’t do any assignments on it. That’s so much more enjoyable.

Reactions: Neb
There was this book we just finished reading in school that’s the first of a two parter called Persepolis. It was a pretty good book that sheds light on the Iranian Revolution. We’re going to read the next book next year, but it would be so much better if we read both books this year and also didn’t do any assignments on it. That’s so much more enjoyable.
I had that book as assigned reading in high school too! It was great. We never had the sequel assigned though and I didn’t read it myself until a few months ago. It’s a good read too, but is more focused on the writer’s life instead of the history of the time (although it’s still there).

Currently I’m reading the Unbalancing by R.M. Lemburg. I’m really impressed with the writing and themes in the book and definitely want to try other books in the series. It’s a shame it’s so obscure.

Back