Smug Villager Tier List

my-image.png

1632916473732.png

This is a very rough chart, but S tier is all villagers who have been in my NL or NH game randomly. I honestly don't remember having any of the other ones ever, somehow??

Attachments

• 1632916474586.png
    1632916474586.png
    188.8 KB · Views: 3
Poor Chops. The logo cut off his face. lol The "had them at some point" section includes NL as well. Actually, now that I think about it, I should move Kyle and possible O'Hare into the overused section.

my-image.png

This thread has now been brought back to include Cephalobot, Roswell, and Toby, and also, for Kyle to grow his eyebrows back.

my-image(3).png

I posted this list in another thread, but considering I bumped two other "tier list" threads, I may as well post the one that's still sitting on my hard drive:

Smugs.png

download.png

Here's mine! Smugs are a really great personality but honestly I wish they had better designs. Just looking at the colour scheme of this list feels lacking. I think the person hardest to place was Eugene, I used to like him a lot more but I'm starting to feel kinda blah about his design so I placed him right in the middle.

1713762636209.jpeg

Pretty sure I’ve done this one before, but it’s fun updating them.

I don’t actually love that many of the smugs. The personality itself is one that can come across as pretty unlikeable in that …it takes and special villager to make them really lovable for me.

Nevertheless, like all other villager categories smugs have grown on me and I like more of them than I used to. Probably if I didn’t have a permanent smug and could try more out I’d grow to love even more of them.

My first smug was Lionel. I was not excited, but actually I grew quite fond of him. Only sometimes he came across as quite flirty, which I do not like in a villagers. Still, he’s quite cuddly looking and I enjoyed putting him in anything but his default outfit, and I was pretty sad to see him go.

The ones I love I really adore, and they are basically Rodney and Graham.

Rodney edges out over Graham by a bit, though I really miss seeing that little piggy nose around my island. I wish I could permanently change Graham’s glasses, but I shouldn’t nit pick.

I'm a bit lazy with typing out my reasons, but.
Yeah..
1713763509765.png

I forget who the blue bird is but I actually like the design, just not paired with the smug personality

I redid my smug tier list.

IMG_7045.png

Thanks to The Rodney Appreciation Thread, I’ve grown really fond of Rodney. I never had him but just seeing screenshots on here and reading comments about him helped me appreciate him and his design more.

Marshal has been a long time favorite from NL and the first smug that I like. Raymond is my second, though on NH. The reason I didn’t like smugs for awhile is because one of my starters on NL was Keaton and he wouldn’t leave. He creeped me out a bit too. I used to not like Graham either since I got him on NH. But after he had already left, again, reading comments about him made me like him more 🙂. I know that sounds kinda weird but reading comments here helped me have more of an open mind towards villagers. Ofc, there are some I won’t budge on still.

I also had Tex and initially I wasn’t happy I got him, but eventually I found I grew attached to him that it was hard to make the decision to let him go.

Here’s mine!
IMG_5194.jpeg

I guess this explains why I haven’t had a smug villager on my island for ages 😂

IMG_6658.png

i’ve only had raymond and marshal as permanent smug residents; i would probably get attached to the ones below them if i had them on another island. olaf is cuter and cuter the more i look at him tbh

Back