• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Smug Villager Tier List

Probably my second least favorite personality type.
my-image (5).png

my-image (2).png

I definitely thought I liked this personality type more than this tier list suggests :')

I had both Raymond and Kyle on my previous island and probably would've put them both as S or A tier back when New Horizons released, but I never really clicked with either of them. Shep, on the other hand, is absolutely my boy, and the A-tier villagers have all just kind of grown on me unexpectedly.

I love that little clown... (also F tier is reserved for villagers that make me Uncomfortable as opposed to regular dislike, and I actually really like Hippeaux's design as a snooty anime joke antagonist)
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 7.53.10 PM.png

Last edited:
1602900301209.png

Zell is finally getting some much deserved love haha! I always thought he was underrated.

AED20495-3749-40A2-8E33-E00446A50C6F.png

Still only two villagers in S tier for me, but I got a lot of villagers in A tier. Even Rodney. Been interested in him increasingly thanks to @Chungus & @Le Ham both of whom have posted some incredible adorable pictures of him. I’ve been interested in Lopez for awhile. Huck, Henry, Colton are the ones that I have developed interest in fairly recently.

I am surprised that I actually have a few villagers from a species that I don’t like the general designs of such as Ken; I really like his color scheme and Hans seems pretty interesting.

animal-crossing-new-horizons-smug-villagers-305259-1602925161.png

I think smug might be my least favourite personality, I just don't vibe with their dialogue most of the time lol.

Last edited:
Smugs are just filled with ugly. Great overall personality though! I never saw Ken before ACNH and he quickly became a dreamie of mine! When I started hunting for him I found him after THIRTY NTMT only!!

my-image(7).png

my-image (5).png

Shep, Henry and Marshal are great villagers. I would love to have Henry again.
I had Kidd and Zell on my New Horizons island and I liked them but got tired of them after a while.
I don't love the horses but Colton and Julian are cute! I had Colton by mistake (accidentally picked up through the void) but I really liked him and his regal style. Raymond is okay I guess but I wouldn't say he is close to being my favourite smug villager.

There are a lot of ugly smugs too. I feel a little bit bad putting Phil together with Huck (Only disgusting frog) and Hamphrey and that sickly looking hamster, whatever his name is, but yeah. Quillson reminds me of a sick private school boy who has too much confidence and tells people his father will hear about this.

Now that Toby has been in the game since earlier this year, I would like to see updated versions, please. For me personally, I would rank him in either B or C, since I haven’t had enough time to form a good opinion on him and he appears a teensy bit disturbing to me.

Shep and Kyle are in their own their. I personally love Marshal because of his New Leaf house interior. The sloppy set is my favorite set from that game. I used the full set for my living room. Raymond looks cool, but I honestly don’t understand the hype around him. I won’t knock him for his popularity, but I do like him as a villager. Ken is my most liked in the A tier. He’s basically a ninja chicken.

4EABDF76-9EA3-46AF-969C-9F5C9B84850F.png

Now that Toby has been in the game since earlier this year, I would like to see updated versions, please. For me personally, I would rank him in either B or C, since I haven’t had enough time to form a good opinion on him and he appears a teensy bit disturbing to me.

I recently created a new thread with a link to a tier maker that includes Toby here:

Lets see...a year later...how have things changed with the smugs? I liked Raymond more. Not much else.
my-image (5).png

my-image (1).png

Smug villagers have all my favorite designs. I have too many of them! I wish there wad more dialogue variety, it gets repetitive.

Back