• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT's Earth Week 2024: Hybrid Flower Breeding & More!

I’m happy I could get some symmetry out of this too!! The blues and black rose are 100% getting used in future lineups, I wanna get as much as I can out of these flowers, having new lineups I could actually afford/complete is fun ~

Also, would anyone be willing to date trade a new Leif for one from a few days ago?

Nothing for me last night.
I've really enjoyed this event. Ive been really excited to see what hybrids produced each day and really disappointed on the 2 days they never.

The odds for hybrids producing have been pretty poor for many, which I feel is brutal. 499 TBT for a can and it doesn't help grow hybrids.!?
Maybe one hybrid a night for everyone and THEN RNG can do its thing for any extras.
Just my tuppence because it upset me when folk neve got any. 🥺

Although last night was day 4 (not in a row) of nothing, it's hard for me to truly complain, especially since I got 5 hybrids throughout the event!
I guess my only complaint would be that I spent money on a number of flowers that never ended up paying off and I never got the pink lily I was hoping for, which means I can't complete my lineup (especially since I don't want to buy collectables rn, i just wanted to earn them in the event). It wasn't that I had bad spawn luck, its that I got dupes of the same flowers mostly. Perhaps that is a me issue so, like I said, no true complaints.

I will say Liz's idea of maybe one guaranteed hybrid a day (maybe only if you own the gold can or something) could be better for those people who got the really bad RNG and got no hybrids across the entire event. The cost of the can was steep for its benefit. Overall I am glad this event came back, it refreshed many memories and planted new ones c:

Nothing for me last night.
I've really enjoyed this event. Ive been really excited to see what hybrids produced each day and really disappointed on the 2 days they never.

The odds for hybrids producing have been pretty poor for many, which I feel is brutal. 499 TBT for a can and it doesn't help grow hybrids.!?
Maybe one hybrid a night for everyone and THEN RNG can do its thing for any extras.
Just my tuppence because it upset me when folk neve got any. 🥺

I definitely feel you about the watering can! One of the many reasons I couldn't justify buying a watering can for myself was because it felt like a waste to spend 149-499 tbt for something that wouldn't be guaranteed (aside from me blowing too much during the Easter event, but that's besides the point lol). I'd honestly feel a little defeated if I blew a few hundred tbt only to get nothing/very few hybrids. I was actually talking with a friend about this, and she also suggested the idea of maybe having one guaranteed hybrid a day with the golden watering can which I think would be nice. 499 tbt especially is nothing to sneeze at in this economy. 😅

GOLD ROSE

tenor.gif

IMG_6404.gif

Well, this was a fun event. Hopefully it happens again next year. Maybe then I’ll actually have a shot now that I have black roses ahead of time. And then I can also try to get other hybrids. Congrats to everyone who got a cool hybrid and was actually lucky unlike me.

And for the last weeding, I got 15 bells! That’s the most I’ve ever gotten!!!! Thank you so much Leif!

This is terrible I can’t water the posts people made after I went to sleep anymore 😭😭😭

I was just gonna post to compliment the amazing gold line up @Lancelot has arranged, and I see I'm not the only one. Awesome lineup!

Which has me wondering - what else would make fabulous gold collectibles? Because that sparkle is nice to see.

Oh - and it did feel weird to wake up this morning and not sparkly water a ton of posts.😂

I kind of like the idea mentioned of having the gold watering can be some sort of guarantee of at least one hybrid. I had 4 nights of nothing, but - I was very lucky on the nights I did get something. I ended up with orange, pink, and purple roses, and 2 magic reds! But I did see some who weren't getting anything.

This was the first hybrid event I participated in, and I really liked it! Ty for hosting another fun time!

Back