• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in our Discord server as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 to win points for your team!

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

if i kick out a certain villager with an amiibo villager will the villager that i just invited immediately place a plot where the old villager’s house was? im asking because i want to put the bell pwp where elvis lives but i’ll need to kick him out first so i don’t want someone else taking his spot immediately after he leaves. sorry if i didn’t explain this very clearly and sorry for bumping this thread after a long time.

if i kick out a certain villager with an amiibo villager will the villager that i just invited immediately place a plot where the old villager’s house was? im asking because i want to put the bell pwp where elvis lives but i’ll need to kick him out first so i don’t want someone else taking his spot immediately after he leaves. sorry if i didn’t explain this very clearly and sorry for bumping this thread after a long time.
From what I experienced, my answer is no. They will place their plot somewhere else, not in the spot where original villager was at. Is your town pretty full? Because if so then make sure you got a clear empty spot so they won't move back in the same spot.

The new villager will place their plot somewhere random, so there's a possibility it could be in the same spot or close to it if your town is pretty full. But if you've got plenty of open space, odds of them dropping into the same exact spot are pretty low.

You can always plot reset if you're really worried about it. Log in with a new character the day after you kick Elvis out, not an existing one, and check where the new villager's plot is. If you like it, you can go through the stuff with Tom Nook to set up a tent and save. If not, quit without saving. You can delete the new character and their tent after you've saved.

so a villager placed their plot where i wanted to place the metal bench pwp. is it too late to plot reset now? i already saved my game.

so a villager placed their plot where i wanted to place the metal bench pwp. is it too late to plot reset now? i already saved my game.
I'm afraid so. It saves the plot when you log in with Isabelle, so even if you had quit without saving the plot would still be there.

I'm afraid so. It saves the plot when you log in with Isabelle, so even if you had quit without saving the plot would still be there.
sad, well i guess i could kick them out after they move in. i used an amiibo but i’ll probably have to go through the 16 villager cycle thing to get them back. it’s a shame because i actually liked that villager, thanks for the answer tho

sad, well i guess i could kick them out after they move in. i used an amiibo but i’ll probably have to go through the 16 villager cycle thing to get them back. it’s a shame because i actually liked that villager, thanks for the answer tho
If you have their Amiibo, you don't have to wait for the 16 villager cycle. You can move them out with another Amiibo and then right back in again.

I'm thinking of getting a console purely for this game. But am wondering which one to get out of the 3DS and 2DS. Which would you recommend for this game?

I'm thinking of getting a console purely for this game. But am wondering which one to get out of the 3DS and 2DS. Which would you recommend for this game?
Either one will work!! I personally dont really know of a good time to buy any 2ds/3ds as they have been gaining price the past few years!!! The new 2ds is basically a 2D 3ds that has a modern design while any 3DS system is good! I recommend just getting what you are comfortable with spending!!! I REALLY love the XL systems as the normal ones are just too small and the 2ds only had a small version and a big new 2DS XL. If your fine with the smaller screen go for the normal 2ds or a new 3ds small!!

Either one will work!! I personally dont really know of a good time to buy any 2ds/3ds as they have been gaining price the past few years!!! The new 2ds is basically a 2D 3ds that has a modern design while any 3DS system is good! I recommend just getting what you are comfortable with spending!!! I REALLY love the XL systems as the normal ones are just too small and the 2ds only had a small version and a big new 2DS XL. If your fine with the smaller screen go for the normal 2ds or a new 3ds small!!
Thank you

I know that when you upgrade to T&T mart you get the catalog machine but do all the items you've owned previously show up in the catalog or is it just everything you own from that point on?

I know that when you upgrade to T&T mart you get the catalog machine but do all the items you've owned previously show up in the catalog or is it just everything you own from that point on?
Its everything you have ever owned! The catalog shows the items you had even before you gained access to it. If you ever decide to sell your town you'll also have the option of keeping your old catalog or starting completely fresh.

Its everything you have ever owned! The catalog shows the items you had even before you gained access to it. If you ever decide to sell your town you'll also have the option of keeping your old catalog or starting completely fresh.
Thank you.

Do you guys save the letters you get from your parents in the game? lol. i've been saving the letters for years now, only the ones from my parents.... but it's started to really fill up my saved mail slots, so at one point I cant do it anymore. What are your thoughts?

Do you guys save the letters you get from your parents in the game? lol. i've been saving the letters for years now, only the ones from my parents.... but it's started to really fill up my saved mail slots, so at one point I cant do it anymore. What are your thoughts?
I do this in every game. But if I get duplicates, I delete them.

How big would you say the community is for New Leaf here on the forums after all these years? I've recently returned after a long hiatus since I got a new 3DS.

Back