Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

How big would you say the community is for New Leaf here on the forums after all these years? I've recently returned after a long hiatus since I got a new 3DS.
Its not very active. I only can think of at most 5 people who actively search and help on the boards but maybe around 20 that play ever so often or comment :)

Does anyone know if the bagworm is like a Tarantula or Scorpion where it won't appear when playing with others? It's one of the few items I am missing from my Museum (completed all encyclopedia's already 📕) and I have been trying to find one in my 2nd town but have no luck. I know you can catch them by hitting the net on trees and fruit trees but I just cant find one! Maybe my date is wrong? I have it set to September if that helps!

Does anyone know if the bagworm is like a Tarantula or Scorpion where it won't appear when playing with others? It's one of the few items I am missing from my Museum (completed all encyclopedia's already 📕) and I have been trying to find one in my 2nd town but have no luck. I know you can catch them by hitting the net on trees and fruit trees but I just cant find one! Maybe my date is wrong? I have it set to September if that helps!
I remember the bagworm being fairly common, but I'm not sure if they'll show up when playing with others. They don't become available until October, though, so you're a month early.

Does the number of visitors that appears near the end of your town tree credits, the amount that you have towards the badge / all visitors ever? Or is it unique people only? Im trying to get the travel badges 😅

Does the number of visitors that appears near the end of your town tree credits, the amount that you have towards the badge / all visitors ever? Or is it unique people only? Im trying to get the travel badges 😅
I would presume the number of visitors total; the town history is more or less divorced from the context of badges. I have no idea whether or not it counts repeat visitors, however.

I would presume the number of visitors total; the town history is more or less divorced from the context of badges. I have no idea whether or not it counts repeat visitors, however.
Hmm because I know the badge is just how many ever. I believe the town tree is also that because I know 79 unique people havent visited my town so its probably a good counter!

Hmm because I know the badge is just how many ever. I believe the town tree is also that because I know 79 unique people havent visited my town so its probably a good counter!
Then it's probably safe to assume that it does count repeat visitors, so it's probably good to use for that purpose. I wonder if the game simply doesn't have a mechanism for identifying whether or not someone has previously visited, despite the fact that it requires a Friend Code for online play and thus should have an easy mechanism for implementing such a thing. Nintendo is weird.

If you leave a mitten, pouch or paper bag on the ground will they automatically be picked up like lost items would?

Heyy. Does anyone know how long it takes for flowers to grow after you water them And how likely something will grow? What's the best time to water? [I have the beautiful town ordinance]

If you leave a mitten, pouch or paper bag on the ground will they automatically be picked up like lost items would?
If they no longer say “lost item” i normally either use them for decorative purposes or throw them in the trashcan item or public works project! I believe they dont just get collected if left on the ground.
Heyy. Does anyone know how long it takes for flowers to grow after you water them And how likely something will grow? What's the best time to water? [I have the beautiful town ordinance]
If a flower is wilted it should be better by the next day! If you mean a hybrid or new flower from two then as usual it willl take on day for any results.

I'm looking to purchase next month Animal Crossing New leaf but all I can find is World Editions? Would that work in the USA 3ds?

I'm looking to purchase next month Animal Crossing New leaf but all I can find is World Editions? Would that work in the USA 3ds?
Yes the world edition works on US consoles! That is actually the version I own.
1692216943497.jpeg

Do you guys get bells from the bank in acnl for having bells there? (i forget the english term lol sorry). In my sisters game, she will get bells from the bank, like 10 % or something? I think she gets it monthly, but I forget. Even if she doesn't play for month, she gets it.

I got it the first few months, but I dont get it anymore. I dont understand why or how this works.

Do you guys get bells from the bank in acnl for having bells there? (i forget the english term lol sorry). In my sisters game, she will get bells from the bank, like 10 % or something? I think she gets it monthly, but I forget. Even if she doesn't play for month, she gets it.

I got it the first few months, but I dont get it anymore. I dont understand why or how this works.

do you mean kinda like an savings interest? i think there's something like a monthly 0.5% but i believe it caps out at a certain amount

do you mean kinda like an savings interest? i think there's something like a monthly 0.5% but i believe it caps out at a certain amount
Yes! Interest, lol. I completely bonked out.
My sister has considerable more money than me in the bank, but for some reason is still recieving interest in the mail, but I've not gotten anything in a long time. Just wondering if it's based on how often you play, playtime hours, or if I dont get because I've been time travelling (or well, not time traveling but just time skipping when I miss a day etc)

Yes! Interest, lol. I completely bonked out.
My sister has considerable more money than me in the bank, but for some reason is still recieving interest in the mail, but I've not gotten anything in a long time. Just wondering if it's based on how often you play, playtime hours, or if I dont get because I've been time travelling (or well, not time traveling but just time skipping when I miss a day etc)

i'm honestly not entirely sure how it works to be honest. all i know is that around once a month, bells earned from the savings interest would be added into my abd. i think it has to with how much is in your account and maybe days/passed? but i don't know if that means "days played" essentially. i never really relied on the savings interest as a way of making any big amount of bells though, partly because i still don't really understand how it works LOL.........can you tell i'm not much of a math person? 😅

but if your sister is playing and receiving bells from the interest, maybe it is based on actual in game days and the interest doesn't count time travelling! which would make a lot of sense thinking on it now

At the beginning of a new month in New Leaf you will receive a letter from the bank informing you of the interest that your account has accumulated. You will get 0.5% more than you already had in there. You must have atleast 200 bells in your account to gain interest. Normally I just leave my bells in the ABD and carry a tiny bit on me from the daily money rocks, fruit selling etc. You can earn up to 99K a month but thats the cap! 💚 I hope this helped 😉

At the beginning of a new month in New Leaf you will receive a letter from the bank informing you of the interest that your account has accumulated. You will get 0.5% more than you already had in there. You must have atleast 200 bells in your account to gain interest. Normally I just leave my bells in the ABD and carry a tiny bit on me from the daily money rocks, fruit selling etc. You can earn up to 99K a month but thats the cap! 💚 I hope this helped 😉
That's what my sis said too, in her experience.
She's got a couple of mill in the bank, and every month she gets interest in the mail.
I've got about 7 mill in the bank (she has more than me.) but I stopped getting interest a long time ago. I'd say maybe more than a year and a half ago at the minimum. I even completely forgot that it was a thing, until she turned on her game again recently (after not playing for nearly a year) - and she had interest in her mail waiting.

The only thing I can imagine here is that maybe interest is removed whenever you skip time? I dont actually "time travel" in-game, but I do change the date/time when Isabell asks if the time is correct. For example, last in-game day was 26th of august 4PM, but I dont play for a month, I'll go to 26th of August, 8PM or something.

Time Traveling doesnt affect interest but if you have 1 interest letter (since you havent played in a while) you wont accumulate tons of interest. The most you can get is from one letter ifirc. You’ll have to wait for the next month to get more. You di have to be actively (?) playing ig. ☺️

Back