Does anyone still play this game?

Still do. I get crazy because ACNL doesn't have half tile placement and the transitions drive me mental. Also ACNL's lack of ceiling items as well. HHD pleases my OCD.

Used to play it hours on end everyday but after having it for about a week I started to play it every so often

Yes.
It gives me motivation and ideas on finishing my NL houses.

Also gives me something to do when I don't have anything to do.

I only picked up this game two days ago, after having played new leaf and wild world for ages.

Really enjoying it actually :) but only played for like 2-3 hours so far.

on occasion i normally play it if i'm bored before going to bed or when i wake up and i'm still in bed just chillin.

I bought this recently.. definitely don't really get a chance to play this much though except on the weekends when I have some extra time! After work M-F, I usually just have enough time to do dailies and check on my New Leaf town.

I boot up Happy Home Designer from time to time, when I want to experiment with decorating a room before trying it in my actual New Leaf house. I consider Happy Home Designer a helpful creative tool to use alongside New Leaf, rather than a whole game on its own. Looking at it from that perspective, it's fine. Trying to think of it as a whole, independent game, it's undeniably very weak.

I actually just picked up a copy today!
I haven?t played much, maybe an hour or so, but I?m liking it so far!
I love designing rooms in New Leaf anyway, so I?m hoping I?ll thoroughly enjoy HHD~

I haven't played it in a lonnggg time. I like decorating. But after playing a game like New Leaf, Home Designer was just a flop for me. No where near as much to do. Not as fun. It was one of those games where if I was super board and wanted to do something simple, I would play Home Designer. Or play it while watching TV. A game I don't have to pay attention to much.

It's actually my most played game to date. I've logged... an embarrassingly high amount (hundreds) of hours into it. What can I say, I love designing homes!! And I haven't even used the amiibo cards for it yet... I see many more hours of play ahead of me.

Nope! I played it for less than a month and finished all of the "special" buildings in like three days. I have to admit that I completely rushed the game but heh. I loved it and still do! I occasionally play it to look at what I've done, but maybe one day I'll actually start a new game from scratch and really put my heart into it. (Not that I didn't put my heart into it in my current game save but... you know, I still feel like it has been a bit rushed, and I still have a LOT of houses to decorate, but the themes do not inspire me whatsoever, that or I hate the villager and don't want to help them.)

Nope! I played it for less than a month and finished all of the "special" buildings in like three days. I have to admit that I completely rushed the game but heh. I loved it and still do! I occasionally play it to look at what I've done, but maybe one day I'll actually start a new game from scratch and really put my heart into it. (Not that I didn't put my heart into it in my current game save but... you know, I still feel like it has been a bit rushed, and I still have a LOT of houses to decorate, but the themes do not inspire me whatsoever, that or I hate the villager and don't want to help them.)

I did this as well, but I think it might be better to go back and rebuild all the houses rather than starting over entirely. That way, you can build bigger houses right from the start, and have more furniture to choose from. Currently, I'm actually playing so I can unlock all the furniture to plan rooms for ACNL, but I might go back when I'm done and redo everything.

i played it for a bit but then realized it was a huge waste of MONY!!!

Back