Does anyone still play this game?

I just got it. It's kind of fun, I guess, but I didn't realize it was just gonna be dollhouse lol.

I lost my copy years ago unfortunately.

It's a fun game and it can provide a lot of playtime if you're into designing homes and buildings.
It does get repetitive after a while, and it's a game that's best enjoyed in small bursts.

I sometimes use it to preview certain furniture customizations but I haven't unlocked everything yet. If I unlocked everything, I'd use it more to decorate the rooms the way I'd like it in my new leaf town, just because it'd be easier rather than get all the furniture in acnl and have it not work out.

No, I got bored of it after a couple of weeks. Tried giving it another shot last year but I only got to decorate one house before getting bored again.

I do still play HHD sometimes. I really like the game, it's very cute and fun to play, though it's also too easy. There's basically no challenge at all. I like easy games where you don't have to worry about getting stuck, but at the same time I feel like they should have added more to it, because it is a bit ridiculous. Still, I really like the game despite this. There's something really fun about designing houses and other places, and it's cute how you can visit places in town you designed and watch villagers going around doing things there. I also like how you can easily customize your character's hairstyle (unlike NL's annoying questions, where you have to look up a guide in order to get the hairstyle you want), though not being able to change your shirt is annoying.

I've had HHD since 2015, and it's fun to go back to it sometimes, even if it is really too easy. :p

I started playing it again recently. I got a few new NPC amiibo and that inspired me.

One of the most fun things about this game is making houses for the NPCs, IMO, since you don't get to interact with them nearly enough in Animal Crossing. The problem with them though is, of course, it requires buying and scanning amiibo cards to do this.

I played it last night, but only to get some screenshots of my facilities. I decided that I am now done with playing Happy Home Designer after this, so nope, not anymore.

I still play it, but not often. I don't find myself actually playing games very much anyways.

Nope.
Actually, I didn‘t even realize it got released back then. Grabbed a copy at a store at some point, had some fun with a few villager homes, finished the special buildings asap and was done with the game in under a week. Since then, it‘s been basically collecting dust in my game shelf and I‘m not actually sure if I feel like ever digging it out again. The concept was good at least.

Last edited:
Nope.
Actually, I didn‘t even realize it got released back then. Grabbed a copy at a store at some point, had some fun with a few villager homes, finished the special buildings asap and was done with the game in under a week. Since then, it‘s been basically collecting dust in my game shelf and I‘m not actually sure if I feel like ever digging it out again. The concept was good at least.

I feel like both Happy Home Designer and Pocket Camp were experiments. Both of them let you customize in ways that no main series game has let you so far. You can change skin color, put accessories on villagers, use area rugs, put stuff on the ceiling, change the windows, put stuff outside, etc. So at least these side games are good in the sense that Nintendo will probably put things like that in the new mainline game.

No, it's been a long time since I played Happy Home Designer. Honestly, it is a cute game and not that bad at all in general, but not such a game which entertains me for a longer time. After I got all the shops in the town and such, I pretty much lost the interest in it and only played it for like 10-20 minutes per day until I stopped playing it completely.

Last edited:
I’m probably gonna play it a bit soon so I can design some rooms I’ll be making for my ACNL town. That’s pretty much the only reason I go on it though.

i don't really play it anymore. i've been thinking about getting back into it, but if i do, i'd want to make a new save

for me luv..... honestly not really. a just never clicked with it you know.... :( but like good for you for being loyal to the AC games! dat takes talent dat does !

Found a cheap used copy recently so been getting back into it. I basically continued on the save that was on it because hey why not.

it's a good game for roadtrips/airplane rides, so I'll play it then!
but no, it's been a long time since I've played it other than that :(
I didn't think it was a bad game or anything, I think it's really cute and I personally love designing things, especially for my favorite villagers! but as a lot of people have said it's easy to get bored of, usually I would only make 2-3 homes then be done.

I'd like to play it again, but I know I stopped playing the first time because I got bored. I do acknowledge, though, that I never really decorate in New Leaf cause I never allow myself to have an easy way to access all the furniture I could want to decorate, so I may wanna play it again just for the sake of actually decorating for once and getting ideas so I can get on and do it.

I haven't touched it in years whoops. Maybe I should go back to it, I loved it a lot.

Come to think of it I'd actually appreciate a Happy Home Designer for Switch with the New Horizons style for easier experimentation with interiors and such.

Last edited:
Back