Our 2023 Holiday Event is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one who recieved a PM from someone telling me to vote for their piece, claiming they didn't know when I know they clearly did. I'm glad someone reported it.

Edit: I truly think anyone who got caught doing this should've been disqualified automatically.

...Oh dear. I'm kind of stunned, but have re-submitted my votes. It's a shame because sometimes I liked to watch the votes come in, but maybe poll results for these sorts of contests should remain hidden if it'll help discourage this sort of thing. 😥 Hopefully there'll be no shenanigans this time around.

Thank you, staff, for addressing this promptly and doing your best to keep these events fair for everyone. I'd hate to see the holiday event soured over something like this. I'm looking forward to the raffles!

I was one who recieved a PM from someone telling me to vote for their piece, claiming they didn't know when I know they clearly did. I'm glad someone reported it.

Edit: I truly think anyone who got caught doing this should've been disqualified automatically.
I was lucky to not receive these PMs. But given my past reputation and the fact that I was absent for 31 months, it’s no surprise that I didn’t receive any of these PMs.

And yes, I vote fairly and naturally. I don’t care if someone wants some collectible or if I had a positive or negative relationship with the user. If I liked their entry, that’s what’s getting my vote.

Well, I’m at least thankful nobody messaged me in hopes that they receive my vote. I would have ignored those messages anyway as I just browse these contests.

Props to staff for doing their part and leaving the vote totals private until the deadline. I’m disappointed to hear about the users that were begging for votes. That’s a very desperate move and only starts conflicts with users that won’t ignore such things. Some of the users participate in the contests because they want to share their talents, and with election season coming up, I’m pretty certain most of the entrants don’t want to see unfair advantages or unnecessary arguments starting.

I’d go as far to say the person’s name on the finalist entry should be made private/blacked out. I would say people are more inclined to vote a certain way or for their friends. I think I said this before, but this situation just proves my point.

out of curiosity, since the poll votes are now private: will we be able to see the full scope of results (sans who voted) at the end or just the top 3 voting results?

I think the poll results being private is one of the better options moving forward. For someone to manipulate or bribe others to voting certain entries is just plain scummy.

(Also to prevent further drama about community biases in future events.)

I'm glad the polls were remade, because I know a lot of people (myself included) easily feel pressured when a friend or even just someone we like asks something like this.

I do think going forward, the best route would be no usernames on entries (just for proof photos) and votes being hidden. I don't think there's anything that can be done to stop people from privately campaigning in the future, but hopefully it will come to light as it did here.

I’d go as far to say the person’s name on the finalist entry should be made private/blacked out. I would say people are more inclined to vote a certain way or for their friends. I think I said this before, but this situation just proves my point.

tbf they did do that in the past, but I can kinda get why they don't anymore

since there's nothing prohibiting entrants from just sharing their entry publicly, and also it can also be entirely possible to tell certain who made certain entries just by the general style. so long as you can recognize it well enough

Aww I didn't receive any bribe message, I feel kinda left out.
It would be better to be left out in cases like this.

And yes, I like keeping the ongoing results hidden in events like this.

Reactions: oak
also, something else brought up in the collectibles discord that should work nicely imo: give people the ability to vote multiple entries, increasing/decreasing based on the scope of options available

perhaps something like 1 vote for every 5 finalists. so an event with something like 20 finalists would give people up to 4 votes to utilize

Well, this is my inbox on average, so I'm not surprised I didn't receive any bribes.
IMG_5784.gif

But in all seriousness, the fact that this ever even happened is disappointing. I think that the people that tried to manipulate votes should be disqualified. I think people should vote based on what they actually want to pick and not because someone else is offering to give you something.

Yikes... Just how high are the stakes for this to happen? It's quite upsetting that those who bribe others just so they can win a collectible is just... I don't know. What I do know is that no community is perfect, but we're better than this, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back