• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

wild world players: what do you miss?

constellations, red turnips, and donating to Boondox lol :'D I thought these were fun
I do miss these features, but we've had so many improvements over the next AC games to the point where WW feels kinda empty now. I don't really see myself going back to play in my old town :')
haha i totally forgot about donating to boondox, that was a really funny feature

I really think ac has just become better with every game, but I do kinda miss how rude the villagers were. That way, the kinder ones like normals and lazies felt more special and friendly, since they let you in faster. Now, their kindness isn’t really unique anymore.

But what I really miss? Playing the game for the first time. Doing everything for the first time, figuring out how to plant things, how to fish, all the sharks I failed to catch. I am jealous of everyone who’s playing ac for the first time now!

I really think ac has just become better with every game, but I do kinda miss how rude the villagers were. That way, the kinder ones like normals and lazies felt more special and friendly, since they let you in faster. Now, their kindness isn’t really unique anymore.

But what I really miss? Playing the game for the first time. Doing everything for the first time, figuring out how to plant things, how to fish, all the sharks I failed to catch. I am jealous of everyone who’s playing ac for the first time now!
i miss the rude villagers too! they added dimension to the game. i guess it makes sense that my best friends were bob, jeremiah, and daisy (lazy + normal).
and yes omg i am so envious of my friends who are getting to play for the first time! learning the game was so much fun

Constellations (at least Celeste is involved with stars again), Booker and Cooper, unbreakable tools, it took more work to make the villagers friendly towards you for some of the personality types. Meaner villagers that became friendly, flea market day where villagers go to other houses and buy items in yours or another home. Cornimer.

honestly, i kinda enjoyed resetti yelling at me for not saving lol.

I don't remember the game much at all... except that gettign a perfect town is ABSOLUTELY PAINFUL and the rng that was redd... gosh this takes me back lol

The villager dialogue was spot on. When it came to the Cranky villagers, you really had to work to get them to like you. When they finally did, it was a really good feeling to see how they warmed up to you. Friendship is too easy now. Its nice, but it did feel special to get a cranky villager to eventually like you.

Also, PHYLLIS. Love her. I really like Pelly too, and hope to see the both of them at some point, because at the moment sending letters is kind of annoying lol.

Music was FANTASTICO! Simple yet catchy and very memorable. 8pm is nostalgic for me.

I also miss making my own constellations. I wasn't very good but they were mine!
I always did hearts when I could. 💛

Only two pages of anserwers but everything has been said : I miss sassy villagers, Phyllis, the flea market, messages in a bottle, red turnips, creating constellations ... and something I had totally forgotten was Boondox ! So mysterious ! I loved it ! XD

Also I miss how everything was so ... "difficult" ? While I get several oarfishes a day in NH, I feel like rare fishes and bugs were REALLY rare and difficult to obtain (also I was less than 10 when I started playing WW so maybe that's why everything was so difficult and mysterious to me haha).

Finally, and this is not directly part of the game, but I liked not having social medias at that time. Like you couldn't get all thoses guides on hybrids, Redd's art, rare fishes/bugs. Everything was so much slower because I tried to figure it all out on my own, had no clue how to upgrade Nook's shop for example ! ^^'

The hourly music and the constellations. I just cannot get behind a majority of the hourly music in NH. Constellations were really fun to make and then share with your friends.

Otherwise, not that much. It's pretty hard on the eyes now lol

Aww, Wild Word! My favourite AC game! I miss the general atmosphere, the music(the best one in my opinion) and getting coffe. I miss going to see K.K. on Saturday nights in the cafè, it was much more intimate then having him in the plaza like in NH. I also miss the villagers dialogues; not as harsh as in the game cube version but still salty sometimes. This is the biggest downside for me in NH, it’s all so...nice! Cranky and snooties are as lovely as normals and lazies, always happy to see you and never bothered.

I played it when I was quite young so I dont remember a lot (like specific villagers)... but i definitely have memories of gyroids, and the constellations!

I've always wished they would bring back that February light decoration contest and the flea market. I tried to play it the other day and the graphics were just too awful, couldn't bring myself to do it after New Horizons.

I’m going to be completely honest... I dislike Wild World. Hate is a strong word though... I just wish I was as passionate about Wild World as everyone here is. I played it in childhood like everyone else, but I always thought it was poor compared to the GameCube version, which was the title I got first.

-Music was solid. Especially the night theme. NH's music is okay but the first game and Wild World's music will always be my favs.
-I restarted quite a few times... but I miss one of my old map. It was so perfect. Everything was split in three but one of the three actually took up half the town and had nothing but the musuem. This town was a desert theme'd town so I put nothing but "sand" patterns all over it. Boring I know lol but Biomes are cool in my eyes at least
-Flea Market was fun and exciting (especially Egbert's house of robo furniture)
-UFO
-I guess the old dialogues from my neighbors?
-Don't really miss anything else as there weren't a lot features. Although it hasn't ages well... I can't help but feel nostalgic when I replay it.

Finally, a thread like this! Wild World kids of the forums unite! :love: My list...
  • flea market
  • flea market
  • flea market
  • flea market
  • THE FLEA MARKETS.
Seriously those were so much fun to me when I was a kid I miss them so muchhh

For other things though...
  • When the Cranky personality was actually cranky. Many people here don't seem to mind the revamped cranky and snooty personalities so much... the Snooty one doesn't bother me as much because they're still fashion minded and still even elitist occasionally, just less rude. Crankies... It's like a completely different personality. I can't handle having any of my Cranky favorites from WW in my towns in the new games, cuz the whole time I'm like... That's not the Butch/Kabuki/Static I know!!! They're not even a little grumpy, they're just kindly, befuddled old men. In NH, when they had a conversation together today my uchi villager muttered something about the cranky villager acting like a jerk and I was like uh when??? It was so rewarding to me to have the Crankies be grumpy to me at first, then gradually open up and be gruff but warm...
  • like everyone else, THE MUSIC. I thought maybe it was nostalgia speaking and the music wasn't as good as I remembered, but nope, I listened thru the OST and it still blows all the other AC soundtracks out of the water. I honestly never liked NL's that much. I didn't hate it, it was just unremarkable to me except for a few tracks that stood out. GC's is also excellent but I love the emotion in WW's soundtrack over GC's zaniness. This part surely is the nostalgia speaking but when I booted up my old WW town recently and heard the theme song I nearly cried
  • The Roost. I know that the Roost was in NL as a PWP and that it will quite likely be added to NH in future updates, but... I miss it being right there from the start and not an unlockable! I loved the music so much I would loiter in there just to listen to it. I used to get a cuppa from Brewster every day.
  • Making constellations in the sky with Celeste
  • Those little backstory bits, how in certain times of year dialogue would be open with a certain NPC who would tell you more about their past. I didn't even know about it for most of my time playing WW but when I found out I loved so much that added depth
  • Resetti.......... I'm probably in the small minority of genuinely missing Resetti but man. He was a rite of passage! He's just part of what an AC game *should* feel like to me. It was my earliest experience of a video game breaking the fourth wall. In AC the time passes with you, you watch the seasons change and the game knows when you reset. I think probably NL had it right though with making him optional because he is inconvenient and can even be severely anxiety inducing... but taking him out entirely in NH? Cmon man, that's just not right.
  • I REALLY REALLY MISS the notes and messages on the bulletin board!!!! They were so charming. Sometimes perplexing and weird, or even actually emotional. They're really part of WW's unique flavor that hasn't been recaptured since to me. A sort of quaint but welcoming quality... when I'm playing WW, it doesn't matter the weather, I feel like I'm wrapped up in a blanket while it's raining outside, sipping a warm cup of tea.
  • On that subject, the dialogue... When I went back to my town it did have more repetition than I remembered, but there's still a lot to miss. It also has its own quaint but charming quality. Also, remember when they would ask you questions and there was a slider you could move between 2 extremes? Or how there were questions with multiple choice answers more often... Or how sometimes they would actually be mad at you when you answered wrong or didn't do something they wanted

Of course, when I did open up my WW town to check in on it last week, some things did strike me as very very dated. The controls aren't user friendly, tiny storage, no pants or skirts, not a whole lot to do, the town itself felt almost empty after all the hustle and bustle of NL/NH... But it was in the details where WW really excelled, and for some of those things, I'll pine after forever.
Post automatically merged:

Ok holy christ that got long, I didn't realize I just sat down and wrote a whole essay.

wild world is just really important to me okay

i bought the virtual console version on the Wii U last week and it's a cute game but is nothing compared to NL/NH. I pretty much just check in every morning for like 20 min to talk to my villagers and catch a bug/fish every now and then. the dialogue is pretty much and it's a good game to just chill with, but there isn't much to do. the game feels pretty slow, which makes me realize that small things like 40 pocket size and stacking items really matter. still cute but hasn't aged well

Back