• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

wild world players: what do you miss?

The music, the flea market and the constellations... mostly the music. I feel like I'll never enjoy NH's music :c

I liked receiving tasks from the villagers. Remember when they asked for a shirt or an item in a specific colour ?
I played some hours last week and these tasks are a common thing. It was cool 😔

I know in NH we can give them all the stuff we want, but it's not the same as looking for an item they specifically asked for 😁
Post automatically merged:

Oh and of course I miss the bulletin board so much with all the funny messages !

The one in NH is the most useless and boring bulletin board ever

-The NPCs having backstories (Blather’s fear of bugs being explained, Sable and Mable’s backstory, the Boondocks apparently being a huge scam by Tortimer so he could buy a tv etc.) and relationship drama going on between the pelicans.

-The music of course. The opening will and always has been my favorite. When I think of the hourly music in my head it most of the time plays the WW versions of the morning and daytime tunes as those were the times I played the game most as a kid.

-Flea market. I like the idea of villagers buying my stuff and me buying theirs in turn because they usually had something nice. NL had a similiar concept by having the Flea Market happening in the R-Parks. Makes me wonder why we don’t have something like that in NH?

-The dialogue was richer and if I could say, meaningful in a way that if you promised something and didn’t keep it, the villager would let you know it and actions actually had consequences. While some people are content that the villagers can’t tell you they wish your house burned down or that you should end up in jail, I feel like they are too nice this time around by forgiving you easily. On the counternote, I feel like I have harder time to connect with them in NH as talking few times makes them say ”it’s you again, we sure are seeing each other a lot today etc.” as if I was being an annoyance. Also them stop whatever they are doing if you attempt to sit next to them or just stay still close by.

-The atmosphere. I felt like a kid that lived in a forest among animals. That game was the epitome of cozy and calmness to me. I lived and played the game by daily basis, there was no pressure or social media telling how to play the game so I found out things by myself. Many years later, I’m an adult that does play the newest game on daily basis or whenever I can, but on top of that I also have responsibilities and worries of the real world along side me.

Back