• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

wild world players: what do you miss?

I don't really remember this game, I was too young, but of course I miss Resetti, Ploucville (I don't know the name in English but it was the city you could give money to and win some feathers if I remember) and of course the coffee shop. I'm sure it will appear again soon in New Horizons.
I don't miss the graphics however haha.

i bought the virtual console version on the Wii U last week and it's a cute game but is nothing compared to NL/NH. I pretty much just check in every morning for like 20 min to talk to my villagers and catch a bug/fish every now and then. the dialogue is pretty much and it's a good game to just chill with, but there isn't much to do. the game feels pretty slow, which makes me realize that small things like 40 pocket size and stacking items really matter. still cute but hasn't aged well
did you play it when it was the latest AC game and rebought it? or did you just wanna try one of the old ones? :)
Post automatically merged:

I don't really remember this game, I was too young, but of course I miss Resetti, Ploucville (I don't know the name in English but it was the city you could give money to and win some feathers if I remember) and of course the coffee shop. I'm sure it will appear again soon in New Horizons.
I don't miss the graphics however haha.
obviously the NH graphics blow WW out of the water, but i actually like the old graphics! they have a charm to them; i enjoy the pixely look

did you play it when it was the latest AC game and rebought it? or did you just wanna try one of the old ones? :)
my first game was NL so I just wanted to try it out since the Wii U eshop will start to shut down soon and it was $10

my first game was NL so I just wanted to try it out since the Wii U eshop will start to shut down soon and it was $10

Dang, I didn't even know it was on the eshop o: I can imagine coming to it as a new player, it would seem pretty underwhelming. The new games have a lot more things to do in them, but WW has some merits of its own and will always be special to me

My first game is New Leaf (but I am thinking about getting Wild World because I remember wanting WW when I saw it as kid but idk...) so I don't have such to contribute so.....
- Kinda miss having emotional music again like in NL. NH sounds a bit too jazzy and loose for my tastes.
- So when I saw someone playing WW apparently you could do deliveries for Sahara? I really would like that to be in NH.
- Ordinances. I am a massive night owl so having the nigh owl ordinance would really help me
- Not really something from a previous game but I kinda miss having Tommy walking around my island.

My first AC game! Sadly I don't remember much about it aside from my friendship with Tangy. I did watch a YouTuber revisit his town and it was, sadly, painful to watch. I don't know that I could get into the game again. But at the time- that game was my favorite. I need to re-listen to the soundtrack!

I kinda miss the dialogue they'd give you before you'd receive their picture. Made it feel a lot more meaningful. I found my oooold (like this must be 15 years old at this point) cartridge with my original town, and Kabuki asked me if I still had his picture. He said he'd be upset if I got rid of it (or something along those lines).

Lol, I know that for lots and lots of people on these forums and in the AC fandom in general now, NL was their first game, but hearing that still makes me feel like
agingsanta.gif

(i think gifs are allowed if not pls tell me lmao

I'm gonna be honest: I am also in the minority here in that, I never got super into New Leaf. I did enjoy NL and even get nostalgic for my NL town sometimes, but I didn't put in nearly as many of the hours I did on WW. Or even NH! I just hit 300hrs on NH which is yeah, partly because of quarantine, but still that's longer than my lifetime NL play. There are plenty of "late game" NL things I never experienced and had to learn about from the forums.

Why? Idk, it never really... connected with me. I think it was a major shift in the series in that it put you in charge of your environment rather than just living there like everyone else. Is this a good shift? Overall... yeah, it is. It's brought some really cool things to the series, and I believe was what made it finally jump to mainstream. But it took me a while to get used to. I feel like NL was a dividing line between "modern AC" and "classic AC" and it suffered in my perception just by being the first one that was "modern AC". By the time NH came out, I had a lot of time to get used to it, so I was able to accept the game more as what it is and have connected with it a lot more than NL already.

I enjoyed NL - ordinances were super cool, having pants, jeans, leggings, and dresses was great, I really liked the new smug and uchi personalities, Dream Suites were awesome, customizing the exterior of your house was awesome, etc. But when I first played it, it was just so tonally different from WW and GC that I felt kind of... lost. (Never played CF much so idk about it lol) I felt like it had lost a lot of its charm. It was a different world. It felt fast paced and almost impersonal... like the animals were your tenants, not your neighbors. No longer the focal point of the game. Many visiting NPCs had been placed on Main Street, which was nice for convenience but removed some of the excitement of seeing who was there each day. The villager personalities were 1D cardboard cutouts and gave tutorial advice months into the game. They almost never talked to each other, while seeing what my villagers had to say to each other was one of my favorite things in WW. They never seemed to disagree with me, only singing the mayor's praises like I was their god. I no longer lived in a sleepy town in the middle of nowhere, I was 100 feet from city center. Upbeat, polished, fast paced music rather than the calming, simple, evocative tunes in WW or even the weird, fun, but still slower paced energy of GC's.

NH... NH has many of the features I associate with "modern AC". But it 'fixed' some of the things that made me feel so disconnected in NL. You're even more in charge from the player's standpoint, but in game you're just the resident rep... villagers still give you a bit of hero worship, and are never upset or disappointed with you, but they treat you as more of a peer. Villagers talk to each other all the time again! The dialogue isn't as good as WW's imo, but a fair bit above NL's. You start from nothing on a deserted island, so that small-scale, slow-burn feeling is back. Any hustle and bustle is a direct result of your own efforts. The music... a lot of it is repetitive and annoying, so it's hard to say if I like it better... but it has more of what I consider an 'AC vibe' than NL's did to me. I really dislike what NH did with several of the personalities and I hate how slowly they're trickling out basic content (me holding my cup out in the street: gyroids? gyroids?? anyone have some gyroids??) but hey, you can't have it all.

Don't get me wrong... NL breathed vital new life into the series and brought tons of great new features. But making that leap from WW to NL was really hard for me. Idk if it's my aversion to change in general (even good change) or I'm just a weirdo lol. I haven't really heard other people who felt this way. Lately I've been considering giving NL a second chance (since NH brought my hyperfixation back full force) but I only have the one cart, I'm flat broke and couldn't stomach deleting my old town 😂

Oh god, I did it again. Maaajor props to anyone who actually read that wall of text ._.

I started with NL more, but the first ac game I played was WW on my cousin’s DS once. Recently though I started playing it on an emulator again because I wanted to try the whole thing and I liked the hourly music and the dialogue of some the of villagers, but it’s a bit slow, especially donating to Blathers since theres no bulk donating, but it’s a nice game so far even though it’s not new or HD graphics.

I loved Wild World so much and I really miss the bulletin board (Message of the Week and Talking to Myself), NPC backstories (Sabel and Tom Nook; Pelly, Phyllis and Pete) and just the dialogue in Wild World in general. The different personalities were a lot more interesting then too and they weren't reduced to their own quirks, like lazies with bugs, peppies with being pop stars etc.

NL improved a lot of gameplay features from WW but WW's charm really came from socializing with the villagers or NPC's imo.

Like everyone else said but I’m gonna say it again, THE MUSIC. I’m so disappointed in NH music

i lowkey miss the bright nights festival,, little me was so disappointed that i couldn’t decorate my roof with lights but i’d love to see it make a return at one point! and let me actually participate this time you cowards

All the smaller events. Yay day, la di day, the flower garden event, light festival, flea market... .aaaaa <3

+++ I saw someone mentioned Cornimer. The legend himself, how I miss him!

The conservatory for sure and making constellations ! Also Gullivers UFO even tho i never shot him down because I was scared aliens would take over my village or something. Lyle too (pre happy home designer redemption arc) where he'd try to sell you insurance

Oh ! The acorn festival thing too !

A lot of what I miss (music, dialogue, so on) has already been mentioned but.. I really miss the NPC dialogue!!!!!
Isabelle is boring, I miss when pelly and phyllis would man the town hall and phyllis would complain about her job and customers. I miss how cozy it felt to go into the museum basement and listen to KK with Brewster and his... pigeon milk coffee. I miss having to go to Booker at the town gate (miss him and cooper being guards!!) And watch him somewhat doubt whether he should be giving me every item in the lost and found. The random bulletin board messages every day that were silly and random. The back stories with pelly/phyllis/pete and other NPCs. Gulliver's UFO being one of the rarest and most exciting events for me. Having to shoot Pete out of the sky to talk to him and getting excited every time I saw him go across the top. Lyle chasing you around to sell you insurance all. Day.

I would never go back to WW now despite how much I miss it. It is old and obviously older games compared to now dont necessarily age well. (I mean I cant even go back to NL after seeing NH.)
But I do love how NH has sort of added back in the air of mystery. I was young when I played WW and didnt know I could just google all of my questions and find out how to unlock everything. With the slow rollout of content I get that same "I wonder what will happen next?" Feeling. Even though everything is easier for me now in general, I love being able to take things slow and know I havent seen all there is to see yet. NL took a lot away from the original AC games, especially the slow and relaxing pace, and NH is a constant evolution of the series that will only get better in time. So hopefully nintendo will hear our cries and bring back some of the fun WW charm c:

To be honest I just kind of miss the lack of internet access haha. I think when I played WW we kind of heavily relied on finding things out for ourselves and making connections irl with friends at school. There were so many things I found out or saw for the first time and was so excited because I felt like I'd achieved it myself.

I still really enjoy NH but I probably don't love it as much as I did WW - it was a totally different time in my life and I was so young and used to spend hours playing and chatting with my villagers because I didn't have a lot of friends in real life to talk to. It was a staple piece of my childhood and I'll forever be thankful for it!

Of course I miss the music and the dialogue, but besides from that I also miss the little things like la di day, flower fest and the acorn one!
looking back, I was actually kind of bad at all of these events! I also never managed to upgrade my nooks which is crazy to me now!
Edit; I haven’t played the game in years! I need to revisit it (unfortunately I stupidly deleted my original town when I first got new leaf though!)

Back